drink local?

Reads 1085 • Replies 28 • Started Saturday, November 17, 2012 7:46:31 PM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

502Che
beers 999 º places 47 º 12:11 Sun 11/18/2012

Florida is not an extension of the northeast. Being the asshole of america, its an extension of the colon, if its an extension of anything. Im not sure which state is americas colon. Probably Indiana.

whaleman
beers 2178 º places 25 º 12:14 Sun 11/18/2012

Originally posted by watson1977
Originally posted by GT2
You’re talking abt prism beer I know Watson

;)

Ha actually Im not...i having gotten around to trying much Prism yet. Im not overly excited for it...maybe one of the bars I go to will do a sampling so I can scroll past I mean try it.

Prism is actually a fun place to visit. Very much unlike any other brewery in the country and probably the hardest to find. Nobody ever finds Prism accidentally, unless they’re looking for some place to dump a dead body. You should check it out.

RABinCO
beers 1707 º places 103 º 12:19 Sun 11/18/2012

I’d feel comfortable betting my most local brewery is one of the worst on at least the east coast, definitely within Virginia. It’s sad, because I would love to be able to wholeheartedly support the brewery down the street. I do however try to buy beer, whether local or not, from the small shops in town rather than the grocery or Total Wine. But I don’t really feel bad about going somewhere else if they have something the small places don’t or there’s a big price discrepancy.

oteyj
beers 2138 º places 14 º 12:33 Sun 11/18/2012

About 85 percent of the beer I drink is home brew these day. Then about 10 percent Hill Farmstead, and 5% other.

Elwood
beers 3347 º places 108 º 19:55 Sun 11/18/2012

Originally posted by RABinVA
I’d feel comfortable betting my most local brewery is one of the worst on at least the east coast, definitely within Virginia. It’s sad, because I would love to be able to wholeheartedly support the brewery down the street. I do however try to buy beer, whether local or not, from the small shops in town rather than the grocery or Total Wine. But I don’t really feel bad about going somewhere else if they have something the small places don’t or there’s a big price discrepancy.

You’ve got my interest with this one because I thought I had one of the worst in Virginia near me. Thankfully there are a couple solid ones too.

Drake
beers 14078 º places 832 º 20:45 Sun 11/18/2012

Originally posted by Elwood

You’ve got my interest with this one because I thought I had one of the worst in Virginia near me. Thankfully there are a couple solid ones too.

I’m going to guess we’re talking about Piccadilly’s (Elwood) and Blue & Gray (RabinVA)?

I’d throw Queen City and Blue Lab in that list as well, and I’ve heard some horrible things about Brass Cannon.

Drake
beers 14078 º places 832 º 20:48 Sun 11/18/2012

Originally posted by Drake
Originally posted by Elwood

I’m going to guess we’re talking about Piccadilly’s (Elwood) and Blue & Gray (RabinVA)?

I’d throw Queen City and Blue Lab in that list as well, and I’ve heard some horrible things about Brass Cannon.

Just remembered I completely forgot about Battlefield.

In my opinion, Elwood, you "win" this one.

nuplastikk
beers 6453 º places 48 º 23:45 Sun 11/18/2012

Originally posted by oteyj
About 85 percent of the beer I drink is home brew these day. Then about 10 percent Hill Farmstead, and 5% other.

sounds boring