Drinking warm, no really warm, beers

Reads 6654 • Replies 24 • Started Tuesday, November 7, 2017 4:16:26 PM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

minutemat
beers 14673 º places 551 º 08:33 Wed 11/8/2017

So I can recall two beers I've had that were to be served warm.

The first from Belgium:

https://www.ratebeer.com/beer/biere-chaude-de-bouillon/282242/265702/

Given to Blackhaddock by Rudy at De Bierboom. The 'beer' was packaged in a small flip-top glass jar with orange peel, lemon rind and all kinds of spices in it. Heated it up and served it warm.

The second from Germany, also obtained by Blackhaddock
https://www.ratebeer.com/beer/brauhaus-pirna-schlafmutzchen/81878/265702/

This tasted like Ovaltine, or a good chai latte, and as the name suggests is to be drunk before going to bed. We had it room temperature on a fairly warm July evening as the last beer of the evening and I have to say it worked, surprisingly.

joet
admin
beers 2900 º places 125 º 12:22 Wed 11/8/2017

Originally posted by minutemat
This tasted like Ovaltine, or a good chai latte, and as the name suggests is to be drunk before going to bed. We had it room temperature on a fairly warm July evening as the last beer of the evening and I have to say it worked, surprisingly.

Now this sounds just about perfect. I'd love to taste this in January.

minutemat
beers 14673 º places 551 º 13:00 Wed 11/8/2017

Originally posted by joet
Originally posted by minutemat

Now this sounds just about perfect. I'd love to taste this in January.

Unfortunately I believe it's only available to buy at the brewpub 'Brauhaus Pirna - Zum Giesser' in far East Germany near the Czech border. Not even sure if it's a regional speciality, certainly havent heard of any other brewery making a beer like this.

adamnowek
beers 7151 º places 117 º 14:36 Wed 11/8/2017

You can get a hot pilsener (normal or with cranberry syrup added) at the rink for Cracovia games for 4 złoty. Never had the guts to try it, though.