Euro 2012 - what are you drinking?

Reads 34456 • Replies 605 • Started Friday, June 8, 2012 9:18:40 AM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

Dedollewaitor
beers 21439 º places 541 º 06:31 Sun 6/17/2012

Denmark havent lost to Germany since Nineteen Ninety Six!

Borresteijn
beers 11296 º places 404 º 06:53 Sun 6/17/2012

Originally posted by Dedollewaitor
Denmark havent lost to Germany since Nineteen Ninety Six!

About time they do then Although Holland hasn’t won from Portugal with a 2 goals difference in ages, and, as you all might have noticed, they’re horribly out of shape..

Marko
admin
beers 17703 º places 866 º 06:57 Sun 6/17/2012

Originally posted by DruncanVeasey
Poland never recovered after I cracked that can of Redds Sun. Shame to be losing both co-hosts but they created nothing second half and deserved to go out. Right, enough of the jasne pelne- time for a Mallinsons...

Yeah and no. You see all too often hosts pushed by the refs way beyond their capabilities in most sports. This is refreshing in a way.

Marko
admin
beers 17703 º places 866 º 07:04 Sun 6/17/2012

I’ve nothing against Poland and Ukraine, mind, quite on the contrary.

Borresteijn
beers 11296 º places 404 º 07:07 Sun 6/17/2012

If Ukraine wins their last match they’re still in the tournament. You’re talking like they’ve already been eliminated.

SilkTork
beers 7741 º places 111 º 07:17 Sun 6/17/2012

Originally posted by harrisoni
Originally posted by SudsMcDuff
carroll is utter rubbish- he just got lucky with that goal..

Yes, clearly your understanding of headed goals is somewhat limited and also you haven’t been watching Carroll for the last 2 years. The header had nothing to do with luck, but everything to do with pulling out onto the full back, getting the jump on the defender, and the leap, hang time and neck muscles were fantastic. Nothing to do with luck

Probably one of the best goals so far. Great pass, great header. Classic stuff that was so well done it makes it look smooth and easy. Awesome neck muscles to achieve that.

SilkTork
beers 7741 º places 111 º 07:51 Sun 6/17/2012

Originally posted by DanielBrown
Come on Polska! Hopefully my lovely next door neighbours will be celebrating a victory over the Czechs.

I think they can be proud that the team played above themselves. Holding Russia to a draw was an incredible achievement. Poland are ranked so far below Russia it was like a 1st or 2nd division team playing a Premiership team.

I enjoyed watching the Poles - I love teams who play with enthusiasm and commitment.

Fin
beers 17268 º places 1653 º 08:41 Sun 6/17/2012

Enjoyed the England game, ok so it was typically tense and nervy and early in that second half we resembled a pub team defensively but great move bringing Walcott on and both Terry and Gerrard also were unlucky with their chances in the game. I also think that the Carroll goal was great, superb delivery, excellent header and we certainly need the sort of option that Carrol provides up front. To be fair Crouch never did anything wrong for England, I liked him, his aerial presence was always going to be a threat if we had to resort to a more direct approach. We need the Carrol type option and I think he’ll be unlucky if he has to make way for Rooney to start the next game.

EdKing
beers 3662 º places 307 º 09:18 Sun 6/17/2012

Originally posted by Fin
Enjoyed the England game, ok so it was typically tense and nervy and early in that second half we resembled a pub team defensively but great move bringing Walcott on and both Terry and Gerrard also were unlucky with their chances in the game. I also think that the Carroll goal was great, superb delivery, excellent header and we certainly need the sort of option that Carrol provides up front. To be fair Crouch never did anything wrong for England, I liked him, his aerial presence was always going to be a threat if we had to resort to a more direct approach. We need the Carrol type option and I think he’ll be unlucky if he has to make way for Rooney to start the next game.

Things that make me nervous. England standing off and defending deep, Terry and Lescott’s lack of pace. Other than that I think Hodgson has done a remarkable job so far making some outstanding calls. However, we need to be really wary of Ukraine playing at home. They are going to come out at us all guns blazing. We have the ability to out gun them with our striker fire power and I expect England to take it back to them. It could be tight.

harrisoni
beers 25356 º places 68 º 09:55 Sun 6/17/2012

Look this is all irrelevant. Even if, and I’m not convinced yet, but, even if, England get out of the group stage, they’ll be coming back home on the plane after the quarter final. Spain, Italy and Croatia are all better than England