Euro 2012 - what are you drinking?

Reads 34441 • Replies 605 • Started Friday, June 8, 2012 9:18:40 AM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

harrisoni
beers 25356 º places 68 º 12:55 Mon 6/18/2012

Originally posted by CanIHave4Beers
I enjoyed a bottle of 3 Fonteinen Oude Geuze while watching a bit of the Netherlands vs Germany game on some huge screen in a market square-esque place in Antwerp the other day, we just sort of walked into it.

Nice, I love those unexpected experiences

harrisoni
beers 25356 º places 68 º 12:57 Mon 6/18/2012

Originally posted by SilkTork
Originally posted by harrisoni
I want Croatian and Italian wins and put Spain out. England finish second in group D and they play Croatia in next round would be the best scenario for us I think.

Our record against the two teams isn’t that much different. Against Croatia - won 4, lost 2. Against Spain won 12, lost 8.

Form, man, look at the form..... Spain have been the best team in Europe in the last 4 years.

SilkTork
beers 7741 º places 111 º 12:57 Mon 6/18/2012

I sometimes get confused when I look up and think I’m watching Italy play.

I don’t see how anyone could confuse the red shirt and blue shorts of Spain with the red and white checked shirt and white shorts of Croatia. A little common sense could be used. I love to see teams play in their traditional colours.

fiulijn
beers 28318 º places 745 º 12:58 Mon 6/18/2012

Is it just me or is Spain vs Croatia a bit dull?

Yeah. Dull. I’ve been surfing and hardly looked up. Commentary team has rarely got excited.

just watch the other match ;-)

drinking water...

harrisoni
beers 25356 º places 68 º 12:59 Mon 6/18/2012

The combinations in these final group matches are too complex. IN big tournaments games even in group stage should be played to a win so everyone knows where they are on the last day. This isn’t football right now, it’s mental arithmetic.

Yep, love that, it’s what tournament football is all about, having the mental strength to adapt to changing scorelines as they evolve. A goal in either game and everything changes.

Fin
beers 17267 º places 1653 º 13:08 Mon 6/18/2012

Croatia must score or they are out. Hope it doesn’t end up like Poland when they didn’t even have a shot in the second half.

That is assuming that the Republic won’t get an equaliser.

Fin
beers 17267 º places 1653 º 13:10 Mon 6/18/2012

What do people think about this head to head record being preferred over the usual goals for and against way of deciding? Been a lot of chat on Radio 5 about it.

harrisoni
beers 25356 º places 68 º 13:11 Mon 6/18/2012

Originally posted by Fin
Croatia must score or they are out. Hope it doesn’t end up like Poland when they didn’t even have a shot in the second half.

Is that likely? I watching the Sp vs Cr game, so not seeing how the other game is going other than the score.

harrisoni
beers 25356 º places 68 º 13:14 Mon 6/18/2012

Spanish defence looks as though it can be got at, but are Croatia brave enough to attack enough? They need to score.

Fin
beers 17267 º places 1653 º 13:21 Mon 6/18/2012

Originally posted by Fin

Is that likely? I watching the Sp vs Cr game, so not seeing how the other game is going other than the score.

I’m listening and Radio 5 has Eire v Italy with Radio 5 extra getting the other game. But the Irish are pressing more and seeming to get into this. Lets face it they can play with a lot more freedom and less nerves than the Italians and they seem to be getting more and more into it whilst it remains 1-0 it’s very interesting.