Pré-ZBF: 500 x thanks

Reads 2672 • Replies 12 • Started Saturday, March 6, 2010 7:55:33 AM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

glennc
places 11 º 07:55 Sat 3/6/2010

Thank you all for coming to the Pré-ZBF festival. We are happy but tired brewers.

Glenn c

NoiZe
beers 2322 º places 77 º 09:16 Sat 3/6/2010

It was great! Great beers and great people at a great location.

yespr
beers 52442 º places 43 º 09:23 Sat 3/6/2010

Thanks for once again arranging this - we are a few who have been coming down for this all three times this has happend so far.

I’m impressed to see how this has evolved since the first "open brewhouse" event.

Once again this was worth travelling for

/Jesper

kkearn
beers 1165 º places 22 º 09:43 Sat 3/6/2010

Glenn:
I’d like to offer a huge thanks to you and the rest of the crew for putting on an exceptional fest! I definitely plan on making the trip again next year (hopefully my luggage and more importantly beer for trades will arrive on time next year).

Cheers - Keith

mumares
beers 98 º places 1 º 11:10 Sat 3/6/2010

It was great! Tasted some lovely beers from each and every brewer, the people were great too. Thank you for a wonderful day and hope to see you next year.

FrumptyDumpty
02:35 Sun 3/7/2010

The wife and I also enjoyed ourselves at the fest and hope to make it again next year!

glennc
places 11 º 03:59 Sun 3/7/2010

Originally posted by FrumptyDumpty
The wife and I also enjoyed ourselves at the fest and hope to make it again next year!

Thanks again for the keg of Grassrooth Black IPA, I really really liked it and had quite a few of them, along with Twickenham Spring Ale. Ideal beers when working the kitchen.

Glenn c

FrumptyDumpty
08:13 Sun 3/7/2010

I am glad you liked the beer. I enjoyed just so many great beers at the fest myself. The spring ale at the end of the night in the smoking lounge was a real treat.

urbeer
beers 40 º places 4 º 12:12 Sun 3/7/2010

My thanks not only go to the more than 500 visitors, that were again, and as usual, just fantastic. The organization that Glenn, Davy and spouses put together at this sublime location, is without more words, just phenomenal. The voluntary helpers did also a tremendous job, and I admire everybody’s courage for raising this year’s festival to the absolute top where it now belongs.

It is going to be very hard to do better at the next edition, but the enormous over enthusiast crowd, the many bus’s, top location, brewers from all over, gives us the courage to give it a try.

Many thanks also go to the owners of the castle, who were great hosts, and where Struise has a lot of admiration for their action & energy, given their advanced age.

At last, we cannot thank all of you enough for the many special beer gifts we received. When we got home, we accounted more than 2 crates full of special releases...

Thanks again & cheers, Urbain at Struise

ggaughan
beers 100 º places 12 º 13:07 Sun 3/7/2010

Originally posted by glennc
Originally posted by FrumptyDumpty

Thanks again for the keg of Grassrooth Black IPA, I really really liked it and had quite a few of them, along with Twickenham Spring Ale. Ideal beers when working the kitchen.

Glenn c

Hey Glenn, thanks so much to you, your team and all the brewers for putting on yet another fantastic pre-ZBF! The site was great this year and the quantity and quality of beers available were second to none. I am already looking forward to the fest for 2011! It was great to see some familiar faces and meet some new friends as well. I only wish it didn’t go by so quickly but that is what happens when you have a great time.

Also, Glenn thank you very much for the wonderfully thoughtful gifts for my wife and I! We will be sure to take pictures when the little one arrives!

Cheers,
Greg

dEnk
beers 4200 º places 33 º 14:12 Sun 3/7/2010

Wow, what a truly awesome festival.
Awesome location. Awesome ambiance. Awesome beer. Awesome people.
Words fall short to describe the experience.

Thanks a million for making this possible, I loved every moment!