FAO Admins - Places Housekeeping

Reads 1438 • Replies 35 • Started Friday, September 8, 2017 6:47:24 AM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen
 
jjsint
beers 4210 º places 769 º 12:04 Mon 10/16/2017

Not a correction but I thought this might be a good place to ask this. How do admins feel about pop-up pubs? There's a new place in town that I'd normally add to the database, but it's supposedly only open until December. Happy to take your lead.

 
LazyPyro
beers 2927 º places 46 º 18:38 Mon 10/16/2017

I'm not an admin but I get the impression they're not to be added. An example is Hop Locker's winter popup (#2) isn't on the site but the permanent #1 and #3 locations are and they're pretty well known.

 
imdownthepub
beers 17084 º places 1316 º 02:46 Tue 10/17/2017

Originally posted by MrTipple
The Tea Merchant in Canary Wharf closed at the end of September and has just reopened as "The Merchant" (not making this up). It's no longer a Fuller's Kitchen but now a "Craft Beer House". Minor changes to the interior decoration, chucked out all the gin bottles and added loads of (relatively standard) craft bottles. No change so far to the number of taps (but stay tuned apparently - not sure why they wouldn't have done that tough during the two weeks mini refurb).

Anyway, quite a number of guests on on cask and the usual Fuller's affinity to Sierra Nevada on Keg (counted three on the last visit).

Mighty Admines, retire Tea Merchant and add The Merchant. Contact details etc remain the same, web address http://www.themerchantcanarywharf.co.uk/.

The Tea Merchant managed to survive a shocking 9 months before Fuller's cut their losses...


This is now done as requested.

 
imdownthepub
beers 17084 º places 1316 º 02:54 Tue 10/17/2017

Originally posted by MrTipple
On further Canary Wharf news, Giant Robot has opened on top of Crossrail Place. Bizarre place with several bars on one floor. One dedicated to craft. Claims to have 36 taps, didn't verify that myself. Bulk standard fayre oh though, all keg. But loads of cans - and exciting stuff like Evil Twin, Lervig, Beerbibliotek etc.

https://www.streetfeast.com/visit-us/giant-robot/



This has now been added, hopefully some reviews will follow shortly.

 
imdownthepub
beers 17084 º places 1316 º 02:58 Tue 10/17/2017

Originally posted by jjsint
Not a correction but I thought this might be a good place to ask this. How do admins feel about pop-up pubs? There's a new place in town that I'd normally add to the database, but it's supposedly only open until December. Happy to take your lead.


We have had pop up pubs on the site before, particularly when they are held annually, I seem to remember one in Darlington (or somewhere nearby) being added. You would need to be quite clear on when the pub is available to visit as we don't want to get people travelling to somewhere that is no longer there.
Also we have GBBF on the site which is arguably a pop up pub for a short time in August.

 
jjsint
beers 4210 º places 769 º 14:05 Tue 10/17/2017

Originally posted by imdownthepub
We have had pop up pubs on the site before, particularly when they are held annually, I seem to remember one in Darlington (or somewhere nearby) being added. You would need to be quite clear on when the pub is available to visit as we don't want to get people travelling to somewhere that is no longer there.
Also we have GBBF on the site which is arguably a pop up pub for a short time in August.


Thanks. I'll have a look at it and see what the situation is.

 
Fin
beers 11955 º places 1274 º 21:45 Tue 10/17/2017

Hopgate in Derby never lasted long about 1 year I think, now closed.

http://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/news/derby-news/hop-gate-derby-closes-bosses-161661

 
imdownthepub
beers 17084 º places 1316 º 01:39 Wed 10/18/2017

Originally posted by Fin
Hopgate in Derby never lasted long about 1 year I think, now closed.

http://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/news/derby-news/hop-gate-derby-closes-bosses-161661


Closed on Ratebeer now!

 
BeardedAvenger
beers 1993 º places 272 º 13:58 Thu 10/19/2017

Not a place but a brewery but whatevs.

Added this new brewery. 'Surrey' dropped off when I made an amendment:

https://www.ratebeer.com/brewers/titsey-brewing-company/33273/

 
Grumbo
beers 6593 º places 611 º 15:04 Thu 10/19/2017

The White Hart - pleaser can you update to a brewpub.

https://www.ratebeer.com/p/goto/74239/

Thanks