GBBF - What will it be like?

Reads 4687 • Replies 60 • Started Sunday, May 27, 2012 3:48:49 AM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

Beersiveknown
beers 5380 º places 180 º 06:41 Fri 6/1/2012

Perusing the floorplan received today BSF will be definitely split into three separate bars and it seems USA/ROW will be relegated to a single bay. Its behind the stage. Czech/German is upstairs and Belgian dutch opposite glasses on the way in.

Apparently the tube to olympia may not even run during teh Olympics

madmitch76
beers 36854 º places 240 º 14:24 Fri 6/1/2012

Mmmmmm! Shaping up to be a good fest but the trouble is Ive gotten used to fantastic fests at Earls Court! No trains is a typical English transport mess. We are useless at getting people from A to B but charge them a fortune for our efforts. Shameful!

quote]Originally posted by Stephanos
Perusing the floorplan received today BSF will be definitely split into three separate bars and it seems USA/ROW will be relegated to a single bay. Its behind the stage. Czech/German is upstairs and Belgian dutch opposite glasses on the way in.

MagicDave6
beers 1 º places 1 º 14:59 Fri 6/1/2012

Originally posted by Stephanos

What? Seriously? I dont have a clue how to get there without it!

Beersiveknown
beers 5380 º places 180 º 05:28 Sat 6/2/2012

Goliath has a meeting with TFL to try and convince them it needs to stay running. If I do get to London for GBBF I’d probably try to stay local and walk then rely on staff bus back at night. Don’t fancy being a human sardine

DJMonarch
beers 15201 º places 82 º 08:03 Thu 6/7/2012

When the Routemasters still ruled the roost in central London I sometimes caught the number 10 and that took me all the way from Euston/Kings Cross stations to Kensington Olympia. As far as I know it still runs but of course with the Olympics and any disruption to tube services the world and his dog would be using buses so it’s going to be pretty packed out and journey times would be extended. In recent years of course a few of us have started/finished our journeys from Chris’ place and that line from Willesden through to Kensington Olympia/West Brompton/Clapham Junction could be of use to some...

chriso
beers 7540 º places 736 º 10:28 Thu 6/7/2012

Originally posted by DJMonarch
In recent years of course a few of us have started/finished our journeys from Chris’ place and that line from Willesden through to Kensington Olympia/West Brompton/Clapham Junction could be of use to some...

They will certainly want to make sure that line is working properly as it goes to Stratford as the eastern terminus. Just as long as they maitain the frequency at the western end of the line and don’t do something stupid like shuttling most of the trains to and from Stratford from somewhere east of my place. But the trains run every 10 minutes anyway so it wouldn’t be easy to run them more frequenty than that to and from Stratford.

evergreen0199
beers 5928 º 14:21 Thu 6/7/2012

I work for TfL and can tell you that there will be some kind of District line service to Olympia on festival days, I don’t know the frequency however.

DJMonarch
beers 15201 º places 82 º 15:19 Thu 6/7/2012

Originally posted by chriso

They will certainly want to make sure that line is working properly as it goes to Stratford as the eastern terminus. Just as long as they maitain the frequency at the western end of the line and don’t do something stupid like shuttling most of the trains to and from Stratford from somewhere east of my place.

A valid concern indeed Chris, especially when you consider how railway companies here frequently ’rob Peter to pay Paul’ because of rolling stock shortages. This will probably be why the Olympia District Line spur is in jeopardy as more of the services will be concentrated on the Eastern end of the line.

DJMonarch
beers 15201 º places 82 º 15:22 Thu 6/7/2012

@ evergreen0199, that’s good to know there will be at least some kind of service on the District to Olympia. To be honest I’ve always preferred using the North London line via Willesden Junction because even on a normal day one can find themselves waiting a good while at Earl’s Court for a connecting tube to Olympia whereas using London Overground at least you are dealing with fixed timetable trains and can plan accordingly.

madmitch76
beers 36854 º places 240 º 11:06 Fri 6/15/2012

Anyone know if the Season Ticket still gets you in to the Trade Session? There is nothing explicit about it on the website.