GBH’s Michael Kiser on Sam C’s ethics comments

Reads 4025 • Replies 14 • Started Monday, June 19, 2017 3:37:04 PM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

AdamChandler
beers 6124 º places 278 º 15:37 Mon 6/19/2017

http://goodbeerhunting.com/blog/2017/6/18/ready-player-one-craft-beer-gets-its-gamergate

Correction to Thread Title. The author is "Bryan Roth" of https://thisiswhyimdrunk.blog

In my RSS Reader, the author is showing as Michael. Sorry for the error (Proof if anyone at GBH wants to fix their RSS feed - )

DuffMan
beers 10981 º places 349 º 16:28 Mon 6/19/2017

I think this is a well written article. Thanks for posting it Adam.

CapFlu
beers 5136 º places 238 º 20:48 Mon 6/19/2017

I think SamC should stick to a brewer’s code of ethics and re-imburse patrons not happy that their Festina Peche when it tastes more like a Sour than the intended Berliner Weiss!

t0rin0
beers 102 º places 1528 º 21:00 Mon 6/19/2017

Does anyone actually expect an apology from these brewers? They make these statements to stay relevant, not because they actually believe that Anheuser is going to manipulate ratings.

sethdude
beers 708 º places 17 º 21:35 Mon 6/19/2017

Originally posted by t0rin0
Does anyone actually expect an apology from these brewers? They make these statements to stay relevant, not because they actually believe that Anheuser is going to manipulate ratings.

Or, they react viscerally to the international conglomerate that is actively working legislatively to kill the craft industry, and clueless craft beer drinkers don’t have any concept as to the depth of ABI’s strategy to crush the industry. But keep the clueless optimism. It’s working.

DietPepsican
beers 1592 º places 63 º 21:40 Mon 6/19/2017

Originally posted by sethdude

Or, they react viscerally to the international conglomerate that is actively working legislatively to kill the craft industry, and clueless craft beer drinkers don’t have a clue as to the depth of ABI’s strategy to crush the industry. But keep the clueless optimism. It’s working.

Incorrect. These idiots vandalized users hard work and are riding the coatails of two bit bloggers to advertise their has been breweries for free by taking a stance against "the man" when they themselves are as bad or worse.

Marko
admin
beers 17683 º places 866 º 04:40 Tue 6/20/2017

What DietPepsican said. Their way of thinking and action is not craft but closer to what ABI is doing. The biggest hysteria mongers did that to get attention, that’s a given. Some definitely reacted out of principle, some were 100% attentionwhoring and trying to get cred.

trapped
beers 7487 º places 470 º 09:40 Tue 6/20/2017

I didn’t even notice that RateBeer had a weekly newsletter, and I’ve been here almost every day for 10 years!

blipp
beers 14843 º places 219 º 09:43 Tue 6/20/2017

Originally posted by trapped
I didn’t even notice that RateBeer had a weekly newsletter, and I’ve been here almost every day for 10 years!

I also have no idea what this is.

italarican
beers 1548 º places 115 º 10:13 Tue 6/20/2017

Originally posted by sethdude

Or, they react viscerally to the international conglomerate that is actively working legislatively to kill the craft industry, and clueless craft beer drinkers don’t have any concept as to the depth of ABI’s strategy to crush the industry. But keep the clueless optimism. It’s working.

I think that applies more to the brewers who have said they will not help admins with info and recommend consumers use other sites. That I get and respect. Given Sam’s experience in and knowledge of various parts of the beer industry, his stance about journalism was really reaching honestly felt more like grandstanding.

joet
admin
beers 2900 º places 125 º 10:43 Tue 6/20/2017

Originally posted by trapped

It’s a great newsletter with good readership. It’s produced by Adam Nason of Beer Pulse who is a separate company, financially independent of RateBeer -- an architecture we created many years ago as a divide between editorial and ratings.

We only send to people who opt in and we trim the list occasionally of subscribers who don’t click or view in order to reduce costs and keep our open rates and engagement very high. Anyone can be added to the list by using using the form in the footer of any page on the site.