Get In This Thread for College Football 2012

Reads 82081 • Replies 927 • Started Monday, October 1, 2012 2:04:43 PM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

TheAlum
beers 7164 º places 10 º 20:55 Sat 10/13/2012

UCF ran at will in OT.. nice win, Bryan.

CheesedMan
beers 555 º places 12 º 21:55 Sat 10/13/2012

Originally posted by mgumby10
Man, if Morris doesnt go out with ankle injury we could have won that game, still almost did with our terrible backup QB. If Morris is out next week against FSU we might as well not even show up because it will be a bloodbath.

I need a big Tenn win tonight to stop this bleeding.

Good evening Gumby, I hope your day went well. Wife doing okay? Sorry that UNC won, I know that must have been painful to watch. You can call me if you like, I am always willing to listen.

But in the meantime.

mgumby10
beers 1856 º places 47 º 06:04 Sun 10/14/2012

Originally posted by CheesedMan
Man, if Morris doesnt go out with ankle injury we could have won that game, still almost did with our terrible backup QB. If Morris is out next week against FSU we might as well not even show up because it will be a bloodbath.

Good evening Gumby, I hope your day went well. Wife doing okay? Sorry that UNC won, I know that must have been painful to watch. You can call me if you like, I am always willing to listen.

But in the meantime.

Things could be worse...we could be Auburn.

hopscotch
beers 11919 º places 307 º 06:13 Sun 10/14/2012

But in the meantime.

Things could be worse...we could be Auburn.

Yes we could. I’ll hang my hat on that this week. I imagine our SC friends will as well.

hopscotch
beers 11919 º places 307 º 06:15 Sun 10/14/2012

Originally posted by TheAlum

Yep. Kudos to UCF this week.

CheesedMan
beers 555 º places 12 º 06:33 Sun 10/14/2012

Originally posted by hopscotch

Kudos for needing 2 OT periods to beat an 0-5 USM team at home? For real?

TheAlum
beers 7164 º places 10 º 06:34 Sun 10/14/2012

Comments like this are setting you up for a lot of "Haha"s when your team loses..

#justsayin

With that said, Miss State firmed it up and finished strong, even rubbed Rocky Top’s nose in it with that last tuddy..

CheesedMan
beers 555 º places 12 º 06:58 Sun 10/14/2012

Comments like this are setting you up for a lot of "Haha"s when your team loses..

#justsayin

With that said, Miss State firmed it up and finished strong, even rubbed Rocky Top’s nose in it with that last tuddy..

Maybe so, but it is the truth. Granted, there are no style points given, a win is a win, but double OT against USM? Hell, if we needed that to beat an 0-5 CUSA team at home, I would fully expect to take the smack talk that would come our way. In fact, I did last season when we struggled against La. Tech.

With that being said, our next game should be a win, but is a classic case of an opponent we cannot afford to look past. I expect us to be 7-0 heading into T-Town on the 27th. Mullen has played vanilla schemes for most of the season and let it loose last night a bit. TE play was awesome, QB play was awesome and our defensive backs created some headaches. Our d line got bullied some last night, but came through in the end.

OrlGamecock
07:51 Sun 10/14/2012

Meh a loss at LSU hurts but it isn’t that bad... We will still be top 10 and a win next week puts us right where we want to be.

The team looked slow though and coaches made some poor choices, hopefully it all get fixed for UF

GodOfThunder
beers 1364 º places 65 º 09:14 Sun 10/14/2012

That is because we finally let Tay Murray run the ball. I simply don’t understand our coaching staff. This 6’3", 240lb., Gatorade High School Player of the Year when he was recruited, running back has been our best back for 5 years, and they take him our constantly. He has got to be on some perpetual shit list or something. His career average has to be over 6ypc, and he doesn’t get all of the carries. It baffles me, and has for years.

I wouldn’t call this a nice win. We had another shitty second half. We seem to only play one half of each game. We always have a hard time with Southern Miss, so we needed this win. They are better than 0-6, but not so good that we needed 2OTs. We should roll the conference now, but Tulsa will be a tough one.

Oh yea... how bout Pitt and Cuse?