Get In This Thread for College Football 2012

Reads 82086 • Replies 927 • Started Monday, October 1, 2012 2:04:43 PM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

TheAlum
beers 7164 º places 10 º 05:18 Mon 11/19/2012

JoeinDahlem
beers 1664 º places 356 º 07:20 Mon 11/19/2012

Originally posted by SHIG
I went to Midnight Sun last night think its time to drink my ’Cuse fan sorrows away. Syracuse was being dominated in the first half, but to my dismay they once again heard the mid game wake up call. We are now bowl eligible along with having a big road win for a school that hasn’t been very competitive since McNabb graduated (he’s now retired from the NFL). Now lets finish the season strong and add some recruits going into our first year in the ACC.

That sucked! Congrats!

Now we’ve got to win at A&M to be bowl-eligible. We’ve won two in a row at College Station but it ain’t gonna happen this year. Not with a team that chokes at home to Vanderbilt and Syracuse. I’m ready for basketball season, have I said that already?

TheAlum
beers 7164 º places 10 º 08:27 Mon 11/19/2012

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/story/_/id/8651934/maryland-terrapins-accept-invitation-join-big-ten-sources-say

Hearing Rutgers next.. trying to get that East Coast market firmly in place.

TheAlum
beers 7164 º places 10 º 08:30 Mon 11/19/2012

If they go for more teams, I can see them raiding the ACC to 16 (If that’s what starts to happen).. especially to stick it to ND.

TheAlum
beers 7164 º places 10 º 08:33 Mon 11/19/2012

What’s most telling here is that the Big East is in trouble.. even more trouble than we thought.

Things may be accelerating here.

Rutgers is getting out.. UCONN and Louisville desperately want ACC invites..

Cincy might get stuck.. or Big 12 bound.

But it looks like the ACC and Big 12 might end up duking it out in the not so distant future for better additions..

hopscotch
beers 11919 º places 307 º 08:53 Mon 11/19/2012

Tavon Austin’s 572 all-purpose yards missed by six the NCAA record held by Utah State’s Emmitt White. Austin broke the Oklahoma opponent record, previously held by Cincinnati’s Mardy Gilyard, by 207 yards. Austin had 395 all-purpose yards in the second half.

mgumby10
beers 1856 º places 47 º 10:04 Mon 11/19/2012

Originally posted by hopscotch
Tavon Austin’s 572 all-purpose yards missed by six the NCAA record held by Utah State’s Emmitt White. Austin broke the Oklahoma opponent record, previously held by Cincinnati’s Mardy Gilyard, by 207 yards. Austin had 395 all-purpose yards in the second half.

He’s a bad ass mother fucker. Bailey ain’t too shabby either.

Canes self imposed again. Probably the right move. I think at worst we get a 3 year ban, which means we’d only have to suffer one more year and whatever scholly reductions they deem appropriate. Kind of nice that we have served a nice chunk of our penalties before they have even been announced.

Our troll president Donna Shalala has made some dumbass decisions involving the football program in the past, but she has proven competent in her handling of the NCAA investigation.

Golden Age moving forward...

hopscotch
beers 11919 º places 307 º 11:04 Mon 11/19/2012

Originally posted by mgumby10
Originally posted by hopscotch

He’s a bad ass mother fucker. Bailey ain’t too shabby either.

Canes self imposed again. Probably the right move. I think at worst we get a 3 year ban, which means we’d only have to suffer one more year and whatever scholly reductions they deem appropriate. Kind of nice that we have served a nice chunk of our penalties before they have even been announced.

Our troll president Donna Shalala has made some dumbass decisions involving the football program in the past, but she has proven competent in her handling of the NCAA investigation.

Golden Age moving forward...

Yeah, I saw that on ESPN. It’s the right move. Get a lot of it out of the way while scoring brownie points with the NCAA for self-imposing. It might lessen the force with which they swing that sledge hammer. Regardless, it’s two fewer post-seasons Miami will have to sit out when the sanctions come down. Good moves.

GodOfThunder
beers 1364 º places 65 º 15:25 Mon 11/19/2012

Originally posted by TheAlum
What’s most telling here is that the Big East is in trouble.. even more trouble than we thought.

But it looks like the ACC and Big 12 might end up duking it out in the not so distant future for better additions..

This sucks.

CheesedMan
beers 555 º places 12 º 15:29 Mon 11/19/2012

Originally posted by GodOfThunder
Originally posted by TheAlum

This sucks.

We’ve all been telling you that the Big East was in trouble.