Get In This Thread for College Football 2012

Reads 82078 • Replies 927 • Started Monday, October 1, 2012 2:04:43 PM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

Guyute_Pig
beers 103 º places 48 º 10:25 Wed 2/6/2013

100% staff turnover, worst AU season in memory, less than 3 months recruiting and the Gus Bus pulls a top 10 class. Excellent Juco pickups and pretty much the top two kickers in the country, too.

hopscotch
beers 11919 º places 307 º 13:33 Wed 2/6/2013

All of WVU’s signing day surprises (not committed to WVU until today):

Mario Alford (WR) from Milledgeville, Georgia flipped from Arizona.

Shelton Gibson (WR) from Cleveland Heights, OH chose WVU over Auburn and Miss. State

Brandon Golson (LB) from Milledgeville, Georgia flipped from Arizona.

Marquion Lane (S) from Deland, Florida chose WVU over Florida State, Miami and South Florida.

Nick O’Toole (K/P) from Fullerton, California actually committed yesterday. He’s one of the best kickers in the country and should be well worth the scholarship. Our kicking/Punting has sucked since 2008. It’s definitely lost us some games. This kid fulfills a big-time need.

Jeremy Tyler (S) from Lithonia, Georgia chose WVU over Miss. State, South Carolina and UCF.

JoeinDahlem
beers 1664 º places 356 º 14:05 Wed 2/6/2013

Originally posted by hopscotch
Originally posted by JoeinEscazú
So this 4-star RB recruit Ezekiel Elliott from St. Louis committed to Ohio State way back when, although both his parents were athletes at Mizzou. Then he took a surprise recruiting visit to Columbia a couple of weeks ago; his parents have made no secret of what they’d prefer (though they’d of course support him either way).

So, like many other coddled baby boys on this day, he has found a way to add some drama and get some attention. He has no doubt known for several days at least what he will decide, but why not mess with people?

Check this out.

It’s entertainment, I suppose. Pinkel has built our program on 3-star guys so any 4- or 5-star is big news for us. At OSU he’ll be just another hoss in the stable, but one much more likely to win a championship. I wish him well whatever he decides. Glad he’s having fun with it. Why not?

Looks like a head case to me. Fuck him.

Changed my mind. I don’t wish him well anymore.

hopscotch
beers 11919 º places 307 º 14:22 Wed 2/6/2013

So this 4-star RB recruit Ezekiel Elliott from St. Louis committed to Ohio State way back when, although both his parents were athletes at Mizzou. Then he took a surprise recruiting visit to Columbia a couple of weeks ago; his parents have made no secret of what they’d prefer (though they’d of course support him either way).

So, like many other coddled baby boys on this day, he has found a way to add some drama and get some attention. He has no doubt known for several days at least what he will decide, but why not mess with people?

Check this out.

It’s entertainment, I suppose. Pinkel has built our program on 3-star guys so any 4- or 5-star is big news for us. At OSU he’ll be just another hoss in the stable, but one much more likely to win a championship. I wish him well whatever he decides. Glad he’s having fun with it. Why not?

Looks like a head case to me. Fuck him.

Changed my mind. I don’t wish him well anymore.

hopscotch
beers 11919 º places 307 º 15:10 Wed 2/6/2013

As most of you know, I consider recruits assigned a score of 5.7 by Rivals to be 4-star athletes that are 1" too short, 1/10th of a second too slow, 10 lbs too light or Alabama hasn’t offered them.

Of note: A lot of Miami’s woes have to do with their self-imposed scholarship reductions and several kids’ or parents’ of kids fear of harsh NCAA sanctions in the near future.

Counting all our signees that Rivals scored a 5.7 or greater, here’s how it all shook out today:

Alabama - 21
Auburn - 18
Florida State - 15
South Carolina - 15
West Virginia - 9 (possibly 11)
Miami - 8
Mississippi State - 6
Iowa - 5
USF - 4
Syracuse - 1
UCF - 0

The only teams with unsigned commits (according to their Rivals team pages) are USF and West Virginia. The admins for the USF site must have fallen asleep at the wheel because, currently (5:57pm EST), according to the USF team page, they have received LOIs from three players, while seventeen players remain committed but unsigned. West Virgnia is showing 25 LOIs received and three players committed but unsigned. Two of those committed but unsigned kids are scored 5.7. I’m not counting those two players on the list of 5.7s, because until that LOI is received, a kid could flip. (fingers crossed)

Fun stuff!

hopscotch
beers 11919 º places 307 º 15:43 Wed 2/6/2013

Jahmere Irvin-Sills to Miss. State

Way to go, Cheese!

MlhopeTC
places 20 º 16:06 Wed 2/6/2013

Very happy with how Florida did. And unsurprisingly not happy about UCF’s recruiting class... Zero 4 star recruits? Really? O’Leary is just coasting through his last contract year, he knows he is gone.

Guyute_Pig
beers 103 º places 48 º 17:44 Wed 2/6/2013

As most of you know, I consider recruits assigned a score of 5.7 by Rivals to be 4-star athletes that are 1" too short, 1/10th of a second too slow, 10 lbs too light or Alabama hasn’t offered them.

Of note: A lot of Miami’s woes have to do with their self-imposed scholarship reductions and several kids’ or parents’ of kids fear of harsh NCAA sanctions in the near future.

Counting all our signees that Rivals scored a 5.7 or greater, here’s how it all shook out today:

Alabama - 21
Auburn - 18
Florida State - 15
South Carolina - 15
West Virginia - 9 (possibly 11)
Miami - 8
Mississippi State - 6
Iowa - 5
USF - 4
Syracuse - 1
UCF - 0

The only teams with unsigned commits (according to their Rivals team pages) are USF and West Virginia. The admins for the USF site must have fallen asleep at the wheel because, currently (5:57pm EST), according to the USF team page, they have received LOIs from three players, while seventeen players remain committed but unsigned. West Virgnia is showing 25 LOIs received and three players committed but unsigned. Two of those committed but unsigned kids are scored 5.7. I’m not counting those two players on the list of 5.7s, because until that LOI is received, a kid could flip. (fingers crossed)

Fun stuff!

Why isn’t Au in bold print? Eff U Hilljacky jack, we crushed it today and have 2-3 on the board still. Eff Bama, we right behind that Saban douche hat and coming. Cheese, it can’t feel good how much talent the grove reeled in today? Bullpuppies going back to the cellar in the sec west.

How did UCF do today, btw?

Guyute_Pig
beers 103 º places 48 º 17:47 Wed 2/6/2013

Christmas indeed.

Guyute_Pig
beers 103 º places 48 º 17:51 Wed 2/6/2013

Seriously, Fuck Alabama. Somebody needs to do something about those a-holes. Unite, rise, whatever... We have to deal with that shit in our own state, but still get some talent. That’s incredible (Yes it is John Davidson).

And nobody wants to actually live in Mississippi for four years or any timeframe. They are going backwards in evolution. Somebody needs to send some competent NCAA folks their way, and not the idiots who trolled south beach.