Going to Chicago

Reads 1493 • Replies 21 • Started Wednesday, February 22, 2012 6:46:54 AM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

AttitudeBrew
beers 6 º places 1 º 06:46 Wed 2/22/2012

Ill be going to Chicago in April. Any beer stores and releases I should look out for?

Theis
beers 15148 º places 114 º 07:57 Wed 2/22/2012

Use the Places tab next to Forums and then select Illinois, then Chicago. You will get a list of the stores, bars and brewpubs.

DietPepsican
beers 1592 º places 63 º 08:29 Wed 2/22/2012

Will you be staying in Chicago or just spending an afternoon? Will you be driving? If you’re staying, what area are you staying in?

NobleSquirrel
beers 3437 º places 209 º 09:33 Wed 2/22/2012

Originally posted by pepsiedcan
Will you be staying in Chicago or just spending an afternoon? Will you be driving? If you’re staying, what area are you staying in?

Chicago’s pretty big...

AttitudeBrew
beers 6 º places 1 º 05:44 Thu 2/23/2012

Ill be attending the Seibel Institute. Staying at the Comfort Inn.
Thanks ryanfolty Ill try that too.

sefus12
beers 1 º places 3 º 06:08 Thu 2/23/2012

If you have a night out to go drinking/eating, I suggest venturing over to the Depaul area and hitting up the Local Option. Tony (owner) is a damn cool guy and the tap list is always phenomenal. My fav beer bar in the Windy City, and I’ve spent a damn good amount of time there.

NobleSquirrel
beers 3437 º places 209 º 07:04 Thu 2/23/2012

Fountainhead is a must hit these days. Smallbar over on Fullerton has a shitty crowd but great beer.

JMerritt
places 72 º 07:47 Thu 2/23/2012

Originally posted by sefus12
If you have a night out to go drinking/eating, I suggest venturing over to the Depaul area and hitting up the Local Option. Tony (owner) is a damn cool guy and the tap list is always phenomenal. My fav beer bar in the Windy City, and I’ve spent a damn good amount of time there.

I’ve never been to Local Option, but if you are in Chicago, wouldn’t one rather visit one of the myriad Chicago brewpubs and try some local stuff rather than a beer bar that offers stuff you can likely find in many other places in the country?

sefus12
beers 1 º places 3 º 07:56 Thu 2/23/2012

Originally posted by JMerritt

I’ve never been to Local Option, but if you are in Chicago, wouldn’t one rather visit one of the myriad Chicago brewpubs and try some local stuff rather than a beer bar that offers stuff you can likely find in many other places in the country?

I noted BAR and not brewpub. I frequented the Local Option a lot and got to meet Tony on a few occasions and always had fun there. And it was only a suggestion. Make your own about a brewpub if you want.

JMerritt
places 72 º 08:47 Thu 2/23/2012

Make your own about a brewpub if you want.

Fair nuff. I think the places listing on this site has it down pretty well:

http://www.ratebeer.com/Places/FindPlacesByCity.asp?CountryID=213&StateID=14&City=Chicago&Show=1