Harp Beer Sold in U.S. vs Canada

Reads 3948 • Replies 7 • Started Saturday, August 6, 2011 5:27:37 PM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

 
bobbyd1988
17:27 Sat 8/6/2011

There is a significant difference between the taste of Harp Lager in Canada and Harp Lager in the U.S. The Harp I purchased in Canada was superior. The Harp available in the U.S. is marginal at best.

I know why there is a difference in taste, the Harp in Canada is brewed in Ireland and the Harp in the U.S is brewed in Canada.

My question is where in the U.S. can I buy the "real" Harp, that is the Harp Lager brewed in Ireland? Any suggestions would be most appreciated.

 
garthicus
beers 3023 º places 65 º 17:31 Sat 8/6/2011

What? Why on earth would you purposely seek out this crap? Honestly.

 
LtDan
beers 1808 º places 65 º 17:34 Sat 8/6/2011

I’m going to go out on a limb and guess he enjoys it.

 
garthicus
beers 3023 º places 65 º 18:10 Sat 8/6/2011

Even so.

 
beastiefan2k
beers 4705 º places 276 º 23:03 Sat 8/6/2011

only Canadian made Harp is available in the states. Try some locally made beer instead.

 
bobbyd1988
18:36 Sun 8/7/2011

Originally posted by garthicus
What? Why on earth would you purposely seek out this crap? Honestly.


Why on earth would you spend time posting this type of response to my question? Honestly.

 
bobbyd1988
18:38 Sun 8/7/2011

Originally posted by beastiefan2k
only Canadian made Harp is available in the states. Try some locally made beer instead.


I thought by chance someone would know. Thanks for the response.

 
Quevillon
beers 3376 º places 316 º 18:54 Sun 8/7/2011

Originally posted by bobbyd1988


My question is where in the U.S. can I buy the "real" Harp, that is the Harp Lager brewed in Ireland? Any suggestions would be most appreciated.
In Ireland! BTW, garthicus is from Ireland, so he knows what he is talking about!