Help identifying a UK brewery

Reads 2343 • Replies 15 • Started Tuesday, October 9, 2012 3:30:56 AM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

chriso
beers 7540 º places 736 º 16:07 Tue 10/9/2012

Originally posted by FatPhil
Originally posted by _angst_
Have had the chance to try a beer from a UK brewer that is supposed to be called New Wave. Their beers Electric Fandango and Melody Maker were available at this years Stockholm Beer & Whisky festival through their importer and have also been served at some pubs in Stockholm.

Ah, perhaps the pump clip did have a ’NW’ kind of motif on it, I couldn’t really recognise what it was trying to be at the time. When I added Melody Maker yesterday, I based my "Williams" deduction 100% on data from untappd. So if it’s wrong, blame them!

As I suspected. And that untappd info seesm to come from one person who seemed the to think, for unspecified reasons, it’s Williams Bros. Anyway, out Scottish friends are on the case so, no doubt, they’ll get chapter & verse in the fullness of time.

jamesbwxm
16:02 Wed 10/10/2012

According to their twitter feed, CraftCentric are definately New Wave brewed at Williams Bros. Possibly export only? I know Chris has a lot of business interests in Stockholm.

_angst_
beers 5019 º places 97 º 08:10 Sun 10/14/2012

Thanks for the info. Do they say anything about if these are new beers or just re-branded already existing Williams Bros beers?

NordicV
beers 4352 º places 1 º 09:26 Sat 11/10/2012

My freind got this answer from Williams Bros:
> The company that developed this brand are Craft Centric
>
> We handle their warehousing and logistics etc - as we do for many Scottish
> Micro breweries .
>
> I believe that when we kegged the beer for this range it was shipped with
> our WB caps and this has caused some confusion in the trade.
>
> I have copied the directors of the company and if you have any further
> questions I am sure they will be happy to help
>

chriso
beers 7540 º places 736 º 11:28 Mon 11/12/2012

Originally posted by _angst_
Thanks for the info. Do they say anything about if these are new beers or just re-branded already existing Williams Bros beers?

Best to treat them as separate entries unless & until we are 100% certain they are rebadges.