Hotel advice Greeley/Loveland/Ft. Collins etc.

Reads 435 • Replies 7 • Started Thursday, June 30, 2016 8:54:31 AM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

BADing
08:54 Thu 6/30/2016

Gonna be working in Greeley for a few days, but evenings are 100% free. I have a car. I can choose a hotel anywhere in Fort Collins, Greeley, Loveland etc. area. Where is the best place to stay in order to put me on foot and walking for beer each night?

I guess the Q is, if you had the freedom, where would you park yourself for a few days?

TIA.

BADing
15:52 Thu 6/30/2016

Originally posted by adnielsen
Hit me up if you’d like company getting fucked up.

Well....thanks for the Ft. Collins advice! As for the offer, these days my beer drinking is a little more refined/leisurely than yours appears to be! Not really a ’ticker’ per se, but I do like a very wide range and like to do as much as I can on every road trip.

Follow-up Q. Are beer places amenable to impromptu bottle shares if I cart beer with me to CO?

ajnepple
beers 13010 º places 227 º 23:28 Thu 7/7/2016

If money is not an issue, I would stay at the Armstrong Hotel in downtown Fort Collins ($200+ per night). Literally steps away from Choice City (great food) and Tap ’n’ Handle, the two best beer bars in town. There’s a few breweries within walking distance as well (Equinox, Coopersmiths, Pateros Creek). Make sure to stop by WeldWerks in Greeley as well. Tick some beers and get tanked bud ;)

Travlr
beers 33864 º places 4577 º 08:04 Fri 7/8/2016

These days I’m more into AirBnB. So choose a place that’s walking distance to the bars/breweries you want to visit (especially if it’s walking distance to the last one of the night) and see what AirBnB has to offer.

BADing
17:17 Thu 7/28/2016

Originally posted by adnielsen
No bottle shares offered as far as I know. I don’t know of anywhere that allows it

Twitter account @BeerFortCollins just confirmed no bottle shares. I knew it was not formally allowed, but assumed that in such a HUGE beer culture area that it would be (for want of a better word), ’cool’. I’m actually shocked. Stunned.

Ernest
beers 9435 º places 229 º 17:58 Thu 7/28/2016

Originally posted by BADing
Twitter account @BeerFortCollins just confirmed no bottle shares. I knew it was not formally allowed, but assumed that in such a HUGE beer culture area that it would be (for want of a better word), ’cool’. I’m actually shocked. Stunned.

Well, it’s probably related to the fact that Colorado is one of a small-ish list of states that doesn’t permit corkage, i.e. bringing your own wine/etc. to a restaurant. So public venues would certainly not allow it here. But obviously bottle shares organized by individuals at someone’s house would be possible.