How could AB InBev do business ethically in order to earn your respect in the industry?

Reads 4369 • Replies 45 • Started Sunday, June 4, 2017 10:14:46 PM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

3fourths
beers 9493 º places 1576 º 22:14 Sun 6/4/2017

I’m asking this question with sincerity and hope to hear your honest and constructive answers.

TheHOFF43
beers 2045 º places 169 º 23:09 Sun 6/4/2017

What about their business is unethical? I’m just curious. Not trying to start a fight by any means.

Ethics and morals are pretty self-determined. What you find unethical or immoral is may be completely acceptable to many others.

nuplastikk
beers 7574 º places 57 º 23:37 Sun 6/4/2017

admit that Wild Blue was a crime against humanity

kraddel
beers 10779 º places 386 º 02:25 Mon 6/5/2017

I could make this a very, very long reply, but i’ll try to keep it short.

1) They can’t. Simply because of their past. To me, it’s like asking - if he were still alive- what could Hitler do to earn your respect ?

2) appart from the past, they would be respectable if they would respect others. No (often illigal) forcing bars, events, people, ... only to serve their products, no buying up all hops for a whole country, no competing underneath the price to be able to shut competition down,...

3) Appart from the past, they would be respectable if they would stop fuckin’ things up. Brew quality quality beers instead of the chemical sweet cocktails we get in Belgium. Bourbon county seems to be OK, but what we get here is shite... DON’T lie to your customers saying you’ve been brewing traditionnal whilst you add tons of chemicals into the beer etc. I don’t like their beers (quality) ergo I don’t like them. I don’t see them turning around, so neither will I

Kraddel VS AB Inbev - fight till death

jtclockwork
beers 20819 º places 554 º 02:52 Mon 6/5/2017

Originally posted by kraddel
2) appart from the past, they would be respectable if they would respect others. No (often illigal) forcing bars, events, people, ... only to serve their products, no buying up all hops for a whole country, no competing underneath the price to be able to shut competition down,...

Essentially these sorts of things would need to stop and it’d have to be very clear that they did stop doing these things.

To actually earn respect, they’d have to use their lobbying power to try roll back some of the dumb arbitrary laws that inhibit craft beer. [things like arbitrary restrictions on growler/crowler sizes, the inability of breweries to ship directly to consumers when wineries can, stupid "tours" before you can drink at a production brewery in NJ, etc.] I know many of these laws were enacted because of other lobbies (Bars, Distributors, etc.), but if they helped lobby to roll them back I think it’d earn them a lot respect. I’d be completely shocked if they did something like this as their business practices seemed to be aimed at undermining craft beer, not helping it, so I’m not going to hold my breath.

I don’t care about the poor quality of their macros as I simply don’t drink them other than the occasional free "tick" here and there that I get of them. People can drink whatever they want.

Inbreak
beers 9623 º 04:01 Mon 6/5/2017

I could make this a very, very long reply, but i’ll try to keep it short.

1) They can’t. Simply because of their past. To me, it’s like asking - if he were still alive- what could Hitler do to earn your respect ?

3) Appart from the past, they would be respectable if they would stop fuckin’ things up. Brew quality quality beers instead of the chemical sweet cocktails we get in Belgium. Bourbon county seems to be OK, but what we get here is shite... DON’T lie to your customers saying you’ve been brewing traditionnal whilst you add tons of chemicals into the beer etc. I don’t like their beers (quality) ergo I don’t like them. I don’t see them turning around, so neither will I

Kraddel VS AB Inbev - fight till death

poisoneddwarf
beers 4080 º places 26 º 05:13 Mon 6/5/2017

What kraddel said. Stop with the price undercutting. When a struggling bar or restaurant can only afford to put one IPA on tap, and ABI is offering Goose IPA 1/6 barrels at $35 a pop, and all other IPAs are about double that price, 9 times out of 10 these places are going to chose Goose. Lots of independents get pushed out and can never get back in because of this shit.

b3shine
beers 11042 º places 356 º 06:08 Mon 6/5/2017

Originally posted by Inbreak
They can’t. Simply because of their past.

MacBoost
beers 2066 º places 38 º 06:10 Mon 6/5/2017

They are a profitable and well run company with an eye on the future...last quarter in the us they lost market share while increasing profits. That alone earns my respect.

b3shine
beers 11042 º places 356 º 06:18 Mon 6/5/2017

MJ, if a man tried to kill your mother, what could he do to earn your respect? Because that’s akin to what AB-InBev has done to the craft beer industry. Over and over and over again.

AdamChandler
beers 5839 º places 278 º 06:45 Mon 6/5/2017

Brew more Rita beers.