IP Trade in Toulouse or Bordeaux?

Reads 671 • Replies 3 • Started Monday, May 12, 2014 7:49:36 AM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

nimbleprop
beers 15356 º places 134 º 07:49 Mon 5/12/2014

I will be travelling through Toulouse and Bordeaux in mid July. I am happy to bring some American beers with me to trade. I am interested in getting my hands on the following bottles:
L’Agrivoise Exil Fiscalov
Cave de Mirande Cidre Doux
Mont Salève Tzarine
Mont Salève Nouveaux Mondes
Lancelot XI.I
Bières23 Bière de Mars
Des Vignes Vent d’Ange
Mont Salève Barley Wine Pinot Barrel Aged
Le-Brewery Odo
Corrézienne Boris Goudenov
Craig Allan Psychedelia

Let me know if you think we can work out an in person trade.

tom10101
beers 6528 º places 287 º 08:37 Mon 5/12/2014

Any chance you are going to Paris? Mont Salève Tzarine and Nouveaux Mondes just arrived at La Cave à Bulles.

There’s also Exil Fiscalov, Boris Goudenov, Psychedelia and Vent d’Ange (not sure about this last one though).

I won’t be there anymore, but I’m sure Simon from La Cave à Bulles could put some aside for you. And it’s worth trading with him, he’s really a great guy!

nimbleprop
beers 15356 º places 134 º 09:17 Mon 5/12/2014

No Paris for me on this trip. I am starting in Barcelona, looping up through Andorra to Toulouse and Bordeaux, before heading down to Bilbao and back to Barcelona.

erickok
beers 6033 º places 274 º 23:22 Mon 5/12/2014

Bad news: If you wont go further north or stay in a place for some time (web shop!) you are going to have a hard time even finding any good French beer. That’s just the state of craft in France.

Specifically for you list, Exil Fiscalov and Boris Goudennov are reasonably well distributed, as is Psychedelia. Mont Salève did just release new batches of Tzarine and Nouveaux Mondes, but as production is tiny, you’ll have a hard time finding them. (I do have them in my cellar, but live in Tours.) The Pinot wine barrel aged Barley Wine is not available anywhere at all although the brewer currently is aging a barrel. Le-Brewery... never seen yet.

Your best bet is http://www.ratebeer.com/Place/state/city/placename/25945.htm in Toulouse. Last time I was there they at least had stuff from Des Vinges.