Keep getting Opps robot trying to rate.

Reads 4739 • Replies 75 • Started Saturday, September 16, 2017 6:03:57 PM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

RobertDale
beers 10539 º places 501 º 11:12 Sun 9/24/2017

Keep getting the bot when I try and reach my local brewery Boulevard. Was at festival this weekend and used my android phone to tick. Well, I thought it was working, but not one tick registered on my home page. Ugh. Tried using Ipad when I returned to hotel and ticks would not work that way either. Will see what happens when I try online.

hawthorne00
beers 8456 º places 63 º 00:54 Mon 9/25/2017

Whole site unreachable for me yesterday.

nilsas
beers 9337 º places 322 º 09:51 Mon 9/25/2017

I am more looking forward to when they will fix the character issues.
When I search for "Nærbøl" it should show 4-5 beer it shows 1. However it do show user NathanRBlack when I do that serarch. This is frustrating for Norwegian users that has a loot of beernames with the Norwegian characters. Somtimes we manage to search by replacing ø with o but that is not a good option and is not always working either.

joet
admin
beers 2900 º places 125 º 11:48 Mon 9/25/2017

Originally posted by nilsas
When I search for "Nærbøl" it should show 4-5 beer it shows 1. However it do show user NathanRBlack when I do that serarch. This is frustrating for Norwegian users that has a loot of beernames with the Norwegian characters. Somtimes we manage to search by replacing ø with o but that is not a good option and is not always working either.

Good to know. Thanks!

joet
admin
beers 2900 º places 125 º 11:49 Mon 9/25/2017

Originally posted by hawthorne00
Whole site unreachable for me yesterday.

Oh my. Not good. Slept most of yesterday. Let me check the alerts. They should have been coming in.

Inbreak
beers 9949 º 14:44 Mon 9/25/2017

Yeah, it looks random what you get and not when using the Scandinavian letters. Searching for the brewery Nøisom results in no hits, either the brewery or any of the 59 beers. Searching for "Kinn Bær" should result in Kinn Bærøl and Kinn Bærtur. None of them show, but a whole lot of other beers not related shows up.

It's in general very slow searching for beers as well. It looks like nothing is happening at first. Maybe a minute later suddenly something happens. Why does it have to be one step forward and 10 back every freakin' time something happens.......

nilsas
beers 9337 º places 322 º 15:51 Mon 9/25/2017

Originally posted by joet

Good to know. Thanks!

Just one commetn to that Joe for your info. The one that did show I did register yesterday. Could it have somthing to do wiht changes in DB characterset lately that has created this issue since new registrated is searchable?

sloth
beers 3473 º places 102 º 08:10 Tue 9/26/2017

Originally posted by sloth
Originally posted by cheap
How are things now? Before I try?

OK, did, it works, first try, but, you have to wait a few.

I haven't had any issues rating though i don't rate at your pace. Adding pics still not happening. Had some trouble not being able to add beers to one place but no problem adding beers to another. Gonna try the pic addition again shortly to what doesn't happen.

Just did a pic addition and it seems to have gone through. We'll see.

Success, thrice!

Good to go!

joet
admin
beers 2900 º places 125 º 09:03 Tue 9/26/2017

Originally posted by joet

Good to know. Thanks!

Just one commetn to that Joe for your info. The one that did show I did register yesterday. Could it have somthing to do wiht changes in DB characterset lately that has created this issue since new registrated is searchable?

Thanks for your feedback and concern.

We are looking into everything, and making performance adjustments accordingly. I was gone all last week so this week I've been bombarded with just about everything (biz inquiries, customer service, API requests, business administration stuff, other community, etc) and from all directions, but I managed to make a few improvements which seem to have limited positive effect.

The issue did first arise about 12 hours after the database transition to the new character set, so that is certainly a culprit. At the same time Saturday morning Pacific Time has been an increasingly tough period as we gain more and more users.

Desverger
beers 29281 º places 383 º 09:46 Tue 9/26/2017

Really bad this afternoon, multiple attempts having to enter live ratings via phone browser (safari)