Lehe Monky Business

Reads 8130 • Replies 137 • Started Monday, May 15, 2017 4:53:03 PM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

Christos
beers 6111 º places 110 º 16:53 Mon 5/15/2017

Why is this beer still on the database?
www.ratebeer.com/beer/lehe-monky-business/506255/

I just read the Ratebeer Weekly so it is well known that the beer was bottles of Westvleteren 12 poured in a keg and then tapped as an experiment, plus I sent feedback about it a week ago.

www.lehepruulikoda.ee/en/sola-cervisia-blog/

TheHOFF43
beers 2045 º places 169 º 17:03 Mon 5/15/2017

Relax a bit. I’m sure Joet is working on it.

I can alias it to Westy 12 but I’ve never heard of this controversy so probably not qualified to do it

blipp
beers 14798 º places 219 º 17:06 Mon 5/15/2017

Wait... What is the "Ratebeer Weekly" ??

sloth
beers 3469 º places 102 º 19:43 Mon 5/15/2017

Originally posted by blipp

FatPhil
beers 25978 º places 994 º 23:53 Mon 5/15/2017

My understanding is that the local admin is permitting people who are prepared to highlight the magnitude of tasting context upon a beer rating through their own example, to enter their reviews, and it will be merged shortly thereafter.

For example, normally, Westy 12 is rare and expensive, and identified; at TCBW it was freely available, and anonymised. 2 huuuuge differences in context.

I think everyone before jookos was rating live, everyone else will be typing their reviews from a written backlog and have the opportunity to cover their "mistake". Fortunately the Finns and Estonians are an honest bunch and didn’t mind being seen as part of the experiment, and what you see is what they wrote.

Oooh, I see it’s at Koht - I’m going back for a re-rerate if there’s any left... If so, I shall get Anna to set up a blind experiment where I have two (top pour, bottom pour with yeast) St. B. Abts (a beer I once had alongside Westy 12, knowing which was which, and was completely unable to distinguish in any way) and Monky Business side by side, using the same template I used at the festival review them all, and see what transpires. I get 2 experiments out of one this way.

FatPhil
beers 25978 º places 994 º 00:09 Tue 5/16/2017

I’m pleased to see the absolutely sterling integrity of those who organised the unassociated Tallinn Crap Beer Festival the following day who went to great lengths (must have taken between 30 and 40 seconds to draw) to reassure their guests that no such prank was being pulled on them:
http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~annals/images/gallery/2017/Raising_glasses_obf.jpg

Marduk
beers 21693 º places 947 º 01:10 Tue 5/16/2017

Originally posted by Christos
Why is this beer still on the database?
www.ratebeer.com/beer/lehe-monky-business/506255/

I just read the Ratebeer Weekly so it is well known that the beer was bottles of Westvleteren 12 poured in a keg and then tapped as an experiment, plus I sent feedback about it a week ago.

www.lehepruulikoda.ee/en/sola-cervisia-blog/

I’m aware of the situation. Just waiting for peeps to enter their backlogs and will alias it then.

VsXsV
beers 5000 º places 92 º 06:27 Tue 5/16/2017

Well, pouring the bottles into a keg is not exactly perfect handling of a beer. You will most likely get some oxidization which will not be beneficial for the beer. Also, putting CO2 on it and chilling it will increase carbonation. I’d rather see that this beer is marked as unrateable rather than merged with the original as the product wasn’t served as intended.

Countbeer
beers 6586 º places 259 º 06:33 Tue 5/16/2017

Originally posted by VsXsV
Well, pouring the bottles into a keg is not exactly perfect handling of a beer. You will most likely get some oxidization which will not be beneficial for the beer. Also, putting CO2 on it and chilling it will increase carbonation. I’d rather see that this beer is marked as unrateable rather than merged with the original as the product wasn’t served as intended.

^^
This absolutely!

b3shine
beers 12115 º places 371 º 07:00 Tue 5/16/2017

Originally posted by blipp

It’s a weekly Ratebeer news letter on releases, industry news, etc. A notice for the new one usually comes to the email address I have listed in my settings.

VsXsV
beers 5000 º places 92 º 07:29 Tue 5/16/2017

This is how it was tapped:

Seeing the foam in the pot, it probably was poured quite vigorously. Hooray oxidization. Also, a lot of volatile aroma compounds were probably released when pouring into the pot, so no surprise that the beer didn’t taste like usual.