Let’s talk Cheese.

Reads 9787 • Replies 108 • Started Sunday, December 27, 2015 4:57:49 PM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen
 
sethdude
beers 708 º places 17 º 18:18 Sun 12/27/2015

A Nepalese childhood friend turned me on to Chhurpi many years ago. Though I haven’t seen any in years, I’d love to have some on hand.

 
BlackHaddock
beers 10916 º places 845 º 18:21 Sun 12/27/2015

Originally posted by sethdude
A Nepalese childhood friend turned me on to Chhurpi many years ago. Though I haven’t seen any in years, I’d love to have some on hand.


Yak, or Cow’s Chhurpi?

(had to Google it, no expert mate).

<*))))))><

 
McGrupp612
beers 154 º places 1 º 18:21 Sun 12/27/2015

12 month aged Gruyere
C&B Stilton
5 year Gouda
24 month parm
Cabot cloth bound cheddar

 
Garrold
beers 8392 º places 137 º 18:21 Sun 12/27/2015

Originally posted by BlackHaddock
Originally posted by Garrold
Stichelton.
Tunworth (stinks).
Aged Gruyere.


Your cheese floating Gary? Or is your part of Yorkshire OK?

<*))))))><

We’re fine thanks, albeit a bit damp. Cheese intact. We’re lucky. 35 miles north and its a disaster zone.

 
BlackHaddock
beers 10916 º places 845 º 18:23 Sun 12/27/2015

Currently drinking a Petrus Aged Pale (it’s a sour beer): no cheese I can think of would be good with this: any suggestions?

<*))))))><

 
BlackHaddock
beers 10916 º places 845 º 18:26 Sun 12/27/2015

Originally posted by McGrupp612
12 month aged Gruyere
C&B Stilton
5 year Gouda
24 month parm
Cabot cloth bound cheddar


Gruyere is getting some love on here: might have to re-visit it.

Is there a RateCheese site I wonder?

<*))))))><

 
Garrold
beers 8392 º places 137 º 18:26 Sun 12/27/2015

Originally posted by BlackHaddock
Currently drinking a Petrus Aged Pale (it’s a sour beer): no cheese I can think of would be good with this: any suggestions?

<*))))))><

Mature cheddar? I like a tangy, crisp beer that’s able to cut through a creamy cheese.

 
BlackHaddock
beers 10916 º places 845 º 18:27 Sun 12/27/2015

Originally posted by Garrold
Originally posted by BlackHaddock
Originally posted by Garrold
Stichelton.
Tunworth (stinks).
Aged Gruyere.


Your cheese floating Gary? Or is your part of Yorkshire OK?

<*))))))><

We’re fine thanks, albeit a bit damp. Cheese intact. We’re lucky. 35 miles north and its a disaster zone.


Pleased to hear you are fine, mentioned on a UK thread about contacting Yorkshire living friends, they too have missed the worst.

<*))))))><

 
BlackHaddock
beers 10916 º places 845 º 18:32 Sun 12/27/2015

Originally posted by Garrold
Originally posted by BlackHaddock
Currently drinking a Petrus Aged Pale (it’s a sour beer): no cheese I can think of would be good with this: any suggestions?

<*))))))><

Mature cheddar? I like a tangy, crisp beer that’s able to cut through a creamy cheese.


Yeah, maybe: I am trying to remember what they gave us at Cantillon when I had a tutored tour and tasting once. Cold meat mostly I think.

<*))))))><

 
VsXsV
beers 4947 º places 92 º 18:32 Sun 12/27/2015

Got a kilogram of top shelf Parmeggiano Regiano Parmesan for Christmas. I’m very happy with that.