List of new and coming soon brewers part IV

Reads 16131 • Replies 147 • Started Monday, June 1, 2015 4:21:51 PM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

t0rin0
beers 102 º places 1528 º 15:19 Thu 7/16/2015

Originally posted by joeneugs
More HUGE news!

According to Jay Brooks, the rumors about the return of Uncle Sams in Livermore are true. They’re gonna have a downtown brewpub with a legit 10 barrel brewhouse and 18 fermenters and bright tanks. Full kitchen. Targeted for opening by December. Here’s the full story with a nice write up on the other Livermore breweries:

http://www.mercurynews.com/jay-brooks/ci_28461621/five-breweries-livermores-buzzing-beer-scene

Hopefully the beers will improve with the new system.

Don’t know whether to laugh or cry at this news. Sounds like an expensive undertaking in any case.

bb
beers 16902 º places 16 º 19:07 Thu 7/16/2015

Alameda Island is still dialing in the hoppy beers. Brewer said he was more of a malt guy but is listening to everyone else who says he needs more hops. Redid the pale and the redone ipa is on the way.

joeneugs
beers 6372 º places 240 º 19:13 Thu 7/16/2015

Originally posted by bb
Alameda Island is still dialing in the hoppy beers. Brewer said he was more of a malt guy but is listening to everyone else who says he needs more hops. Redid the pale and the redone ipa is on the way.

I’m planning on heading there for the first time next week. Wednesday probably. Thanks for the update!

joeneugs
beers 6372 º places 240 º 19:19 Thu 7/16/2015

Originally posted by t0rin0
Originally posted by joeneugs
More HUGE news!

According to Jay Brooks, the rumors about the return of Uncle Sams in Livermore are true. They’re gonna have a downtown brewpub with a legit 10 barrel brewhouse and 18 fermenters and bright tanks. Full kitchen. Targeted for opening by December. Here’s the full story with a nice write up on the other Livermore breweries:

http://www.mercurynews.com/jay-brooks/ci_28461621/five-breweries-livermores-buzzing-beer-scene

Hopefully the beers will improve with the new system.

Don’t know whether to laugh or cry at this news. Sounds like an expensive undertaking in any case.

I bet they succeed even if the beers are still terrible. Locals around here are starving for a brewpub. It’s one of the reasons Sauced has done so well even though their beers are made off site by Working Man.

With that said, It’s really a messed up situation. The guy running the place had a very rudimentary understanding of the brewing process even for a homebrewer. I hope they clean things up and get a real professional to do the brewing. It only makes sense with the amount of money they’re putting into the place.

t0rin0
beers 102 º places 1528 º 19:26 Thu 7/16/2015

Hopefully with all that money they’ll hire someone that knows how to brew. I think any homebrewer with no professional experience that can afford an employee should hire a competent brewer to at the very least teach them a thing or two.

bytemesis
beers 15313 º places 1595 º 12:44 Sat 7/18/2015

So I’m hearing that I need to visit a client in Clovis in a couple weeks

Any updates?

t0rin0
beers 102 º places 1528 º 13:47 Sat 7/18/2015

Originally posted by bytemesis
So I’m hearing that I need to visit a client in Clovis in a couple weeks

Any updates?

Yeah, I’m either heading up to the yay area tomorrow and then all the way back to Clovis during the week, or I’m heading north from brocal early Monday morning and stopping in Clovis "on the way". Either way it’s not likely that I’ll be in town on a day that the brewery is open.

bytemesis
beers 15313 º places 1595 º 15:32 Sat 7/18/2015

So my lead stays intact! :P

brokensail
admin
beers 21480 º places 1691 º 18:17 Sat 7/18/2015

Originally posted by bytemesis
So my lead stays intact! :P

I’m driving up next Friday to vist my newly relocated girlfriend and planning on taking 99...you may be in trouble.

t0rin0
beers 102 º places 1528 º 19:05 Sat 7/18/2015

Just found out that ATT wont have the internet installed in time so there is no hurry and I can stop by on my way home next Saturday. Yay me.