Live Music- Wagon Wheel

Reads 3517 • Replies 39 • Started Saturday, April 30, 2016 10:03:04 PM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

phaleslu
beers 13324 º places 673 º 11:50 Mon 5/2/2016

Originally posted by Homer321
I have never heard of this in my life. You people are weird.

How is this possible?!

mkgrenwel
beers 619 º places 117 º 12:48 Mon 5/2/2016

We were visiting my mother in law this weekend and she listens to garbage country stations. This song was easily the best song that I heard the entire day. And I hate it.

mkgrenwel
beers 619 º places 117 º 12:50 Mon 5/2/2016

Also, what the fuck does it mean? "Rock me like a wagon wheel"? Wagon wheels roll, they do not rock. Is this some terrible rock n roll pun? If so, why are you making it in a very un-rock n roll country song?

It is about fucking though, right?

sethdude
beers 708 º places 17 º 13:27 Mon 5/2/2016

If people have to play songs that Bon Dylan decided weren’t really all that good, why don’t they stick to "Kansas City"? The drunk bros will still be able to sing along, but the staff won’t be sick to death of it for at least a week or two.

Seriously, "Wagon Wheel" is right there with Paul McCartney’s "Wonderful Chritmastime" when it comes to immediately boring me to death whilst simultaneously pissing me off.

It makes working in the pub or festival feel like retail with the Muzak looping the same song every hour.

I’m not sure that it’s a bad song. I can’t remember my reaction to it the first time I heard it, because that memory has been replaced with the nightly covers I hear of it, which have all sounded exactly the same.

CanIHave4Beers
beers 4324 º places 76 º 14:28 Mon 5/2/2016

Originally posted by DietPepsican
Went to the bar this afternoon and not one person played the wheel song. I think this thread has accomplished its mission.

DuffMan
beers 10981 º places 349 º 14:46 Mon 5/2/2016

Originally posted by sethdude
If people have to play songs that Bon Dylan decided weren’t really all that good, why don’t they stick to "Kansas City"? The drunk bros will still be able to sing along, but the staff won’t be sick to death of it for at least a week or two.

Seriously, "Wagon Wheel" is right there with Paul McCartney’s "Wonderful Chritmastime" when it comes to immediately boring me to death whilst simultaneously pissing me off.

It makes working in the pub or festival feel like retail with the Muzak looping the same song every hour.

I’m not sure that it’s a bad song. I can’t remember my reaction to it the first time I heard it, because that memory has been replaced with the nightly covers I hear of it, which have all sounded exactly the same.

Whoah dude, no-- there is no worse song in history than Wonderful Christmastime. Maybe some shit by Barry Manilow, that’s certainly up for discussion.

I do share your anger, but for a different reason. That fucking Hootie ruins every song he touches, and Wagon Wheel is no different. He butchered "I Go Blind" by my beloved Canadian band 54-40 and ruined that song for me, and now he’s done the same with Wagon Wheel.

sethdude
beers 708 º places 17 º 14:59 Mon 5/2/2016

That Fucking Hootie would be a cool name for a band which could gig at bars and not play "Wagon Wheel".

Originally posted by DuffMan
Originally posted by sethdude

Whoah dude, no-- there is no worse song in history than Wonderful Christmastime.

brokensail
beers 16800 º places 1405 º 18:43 Mon 5/2/2016

No palates in this thread.