Maps

Reads 297 • Replies 4 • Started Thursday, January 28, 2016 7:32:48 PM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

shoulderbroken
beers 4258 º places 393 º 19:32 Thu 1/28/2016

I went through all of the places on here that I had been to a while ago and checked all the maps as I had worked out how to make them appear in the right place. Seems that someone might have changed a few addresses though as I just saw KBL’s Asagaya place rating and indeed the map is wrong now. I’m going to fix it now, but if you see something that’s wrong, please let me know and I’ll try to fix it.
I’m sure many of you know this, but in case you don’t, here are some tips to get places in the right location.
- Don’t add building names (it gets confused)
- Don’t add postcodes (it gets confused)
- The best format seems to be like this
Address: x-xx-xx Higashiikebukuro, Toshima-ku
So, number first, no gaps in the area name, and ’-ku’ after the ward name

Fingers crossed...

KansaiBeerLvrs
beers 8473 º places 567 º 22:57 Thu 1/28/2016

If I know where the place is based on visiting there or their website and it shows up incorrectly I often play around with RB until it shows up right or at least in the right general vicinity.

willisread
beers 7331 º places 126 º 09:18 Fri 1/29/2016

Thanks for working on this SB! It will help a lot!

KyotoLefty
beers 15086 º places 1059 º 10:49 Fri 1/29/2016

I have a feeling that many got messed up when RB changed the format of the page. Notsure, though.

shoulderbroken
beers 4258 º places 393 º 20:10 Fri 1/29/2016

Can’t stress how much the postcode messes them up. I guess postcodes are a lot less specific in Japan.