Maximize Your Profits Through Optimal Beer Selection

Reads 2218 • Replies 13 • Started Thursday, March 26, 2015 11:14:26 AM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

hawthorne00
beers 8459 º places 63 º 05:01 Fri 3/27/2015

Originally posted by NCB_Rachael
Beer consumption is rapidly increasing in all segments of the on-premise market. Therefore, learning how to optimize your beer selection to exceed customer expectations can differentiate you from your competitors. [my emphasis]
What’dya mean therefore? This doesn’t make any sense at all. The (supposed) fact of increasing on premises consumption across all segments doesn’t suggest a need to optimise or differentiate selection - a profitable strategy under those conditions would be to sell any old crap and keep costs down.

Second, "learning how to optimize your beer selection to exceed customer expectations can differentiate you from your competitors" is incoherent: there is no Nash strategy to such a game (cf Schelling’s Strategy of Conflict), it’s an Arms Race. Possibly a preemptive strike on your customers might do the job, although by the looks of some of them, you might expect massive retaliation.

Thirdly, I came in here to make a stupid second order conditions joke and this guff is too weak a target even for that.

Shame. Shame.

poisoneddwarf
beers 5613 º places 26 º 06:40 Fri 3/27/2015

The first time I read a post by this person, she was pimping something AB/Inbev related. Now it’s Miller/Coors. These two big beer companies are sworn enemies! Just who do you work for Rachel??

nuplastikk
beers 9841 º places 73 º 22:58 Fri 3/27/2015

gosh, she’s beautiful.