NE (Maine, Vermont, Rhode Island, New Hampshire) Trip

Reads 398 • Replies 4 • Started Monday, October 10, 2016 10:24:36 AM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

TheHOFF43
beers 2045 º places 169 º 10:24 Mon 10/10/2016

Hey all,

Taking a little trip after my wedding and will be up in these parts. Flying into Providence, flying out of Providence.

It will be my wife and I. She loves beer, mountains, oceans, forests and moose. So yeah, this shouldnt be too hard.

What are some can’t miss cities, places, etc.

We will find plenty of beer I’m sure, but if there are must stops (aside from Hill Farmstead, cause duh) let me know. Honestly, name touristy places, not touristy places, cities to stay in, etc. We land 10/24 so I need to book some stuff. Obviously we will have a car. Canada is likely NOT in the cards but we can cross the border if there is a reason and it isn’t too far.

Thanks in advance!
Hoff

FooFaa
beers 1 º places 29 º 10:31 Tue 10/11/2016

In New Hampshire, there’s a bunch of great places in and around Portsmouth. Earth Eagle downtown, and Deciduous out in Newmarket are my two favorites.

Up I95 in Saco, ME in Barreled Souls, which is a can’t miss place.

Portland, ME has a ton of great options. Bissell Brothers is fantastic. I love Foundation as well, and Allagash is just across the street. Definitely hit Novare Res while in town. Portland is a great foodie town as well. For lobster rolls, go to the Fisherman’s Grill. For dinner, I love the Honey Paw.

AdamChandler
beers 6124 º places 278 º 10:33 Tue 10/11/2016

Hoff, let me know when you come up so I cam buy you a beer.

dogfish120love
beers 1339 º places 18 º 16:02 Sat 10/15/2016

If this is your first Vermont visit, Waterbury Vermont is a must. Aside from the fact that most bars have Hill Farmstead on draft and alchemist cans, the food in this tiny town is superb. It also has a really cool New England vibe (this coming from a New Englander). My guess is that this is already on your list of things to do though

TheHOFF43
beers 2045 º places 169 º 16:47 Sat 10/15/2016

Originally posted by dogfish120love
If this is your first Vermont visit, Waterbury Vermont is a must. Aside from the fact that most bars have Hill Farmstead on draft and alchemist cans, the food in this tiny town is superb. It also has a really cool New England vibe (this coming from a New Englander). My guess is that this is already on your list of things to do though

Waterbury seems like a must.

Any chance this is where the famed Waterbury Open is held? You know, where Happy Gilmore got his start.