New Here (VT)

Reads 1057 • Replies 5 • Started Tuesday, July 17, 2012 1:19:55 PM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

jamesewelch
beers 259 º places 19 º 13:19 Tue 7/17/2012

Hey all,

I’m somewhat new to RB, been here a little while with some reviews, lots of ticks, and mostly submitting updates and additions to local beer, brewers, etc. and just lurking around the forums.

To be honest, I’ve never liked doing ’reviews’ of beer. I think that’s because I have a hard time putting down hard numbers on beer. I’m also a beginner homebrewer and getting ready to start another brew later this month or next when I get a free weekend.

I also run a little site for VT Beer. So as I’ve been adding content to that site (brewers and now RateBeer beer), I’ve been submitting updates and filling in the blanks for VT brewers and beers.

I’ve also developed a ’Beer Ratings’ WordPress plugin for RateBeer data (using RateBeer’s API and guidelines). I can’t call the plugin ’RateBeer’ due to compliance with the RateBeer API guidelines, so it’s called Beer Ratings :)

So if you have a WordPress blog and want to use the plugin then check it out and let me know if you have any feedback/requests. I’m slowly working through the rest of the API functionality to get everything working.

thanks,
Jim

miketd
beers 5 º places 125 º 13:23 Tue 7/17/2012

Can you get me a growler of Ephraim?

JK, welcome.

Cletus
beers 6349 º places 233 º 13:26 Tue 7/17/2012

Welcome!

I like where you are going with your site. I noticed on the VT brewery map that Madison Brewing in Bennington is missing.

b3shine
beers 12183 º places 372 º 13:27 Tue 7/17/2012

Welcome!

Cletus
beers 6349 º places 233 º 13:30 Tue 7/17/2012

Also missing is McNeills in Brattleboro.

jamesewelch
beers 259 º places 19 º 13:38 Tue 7/17/2012

Thanks. Both should be on the map since I have their addresses in the database (both have individual pages on site with brewer data).

I just double checked. Yep, both are there, but the icons for Whetstone (Brattleboro) and Northshire (Bennington) are on top of the icons for McNeills and Madison Breweries. You just need to really zoom in there to see it. That’s Google maps fault :)