New NJ Breweries

Reads 3092 • Replies 30 • Started Saturday, July 11, 2015 6:58:41 PM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

ben4321
beers 11309 º places 628 º 14:49 Wed 7/15/2015

From what I have head Departed Soles just did that soft opening last weekend plus they’ve been on at a couple places around town (Barcade maybe?). All test batches. It sounds like they might not be open this week, but are going to be open again next week.

MaxxDaddy
beers 415 º places 32 º 14:54 Wed 7/15/2015

Yeah I saw Departed Soles beer on tap at JC Barcade when I checked their tap list randomly. Probably the go-to place to find that stuff during this stage of the game.

dmac
beers 6644 º places 35 º 12:40 Thu 7/16/2015

Visited Cypress Brewing yesterday. Very much a bar feel out in the tasting room with an impressive number of beers on tap, seven, for a new brewery. Two flat screens behind the bar and an additional four hugh top tables. Had an okay crowd for a Wed night.As for the beers the blond and red were meh, most others were average, and I genuinely liked the Imperial Oatmeal Stout and the brown. I’ll definitely head back when they rotate out a majority of the selection.

jtclockwork
beers 21132 º places 554 º 11:43 Sat 7/25/2015

Not NJ, but I’m going to try to check out a bunch of new breweries when I go to Philly next weekend. Crime and Punishment looks the most promising. I don’t know how old Broken Goblet is but I should be there as well.

jimmack
beers 1223 º places 24 º 14:34 Sat 7/25/2015

The wife and I may take a ride and try out Magnify Brewing later on tonight. Interested to try their Whoa Nelly, a farmhouse IIPA with Nelson Sauvin hops. Not sure what a farmhouse iipa is but it has piqued my interest at least.

peepthesot
beers 10 º places 6 º 18:57 Sat 7/25/2015

I visited Demented Brewing (in Middlesex) a week ago, having been invited to their "soft" opening. I think their official opening is this weekend.

Nice setup, nice people, and a nice range of pretty decent beers. They are actively selling their beers to local restaurants and bars as well. Their brewing area has lots of room for expansion too, if things go well.
I like this place, and wish them well in an increasingly competitive marketplace that is becoming more and more crowded.

jimmack
beers 1223 º places 24 º 20:17 Sat 7/25/2015

Magnify was pretty cool. All of the beers were solid and the people very nice. Next door was a distillery that just opened today. Didn’t have time to check it out but that can be a dangerous combination. Will definitely be back.

dogfishho
beers 669 º places 3 º 09:24 Wed 7/29/2015

I’ve been to Brix City a few times. Nice place and good prices, but I found the beer to be pretty poor. Locals have been enthusiastic about the KTK IIPA, but to me it is sweet to the point that it feels like it isn’t even fully fermented. The stupid names for the beers kill me too.

That said, great bar setup. It’s not a bad place to hang out and the Porter Authority Porter was pretty good.

jtclockwork
beers 21132 º places 554 º 13:20 Wed 7/29/2015

I saw that Brix City is selling bottles of KTK IIPA this Thursday.

dogfishho
beers 669 º places 3 º 13:39 Wed 7/29/2015

Sadly, since they are local and I want them to be good, I will probably try and pick one up... hopefully it is better than the draft.