New York and Boston

Reads 1073 • Replies 12 • Started Monday, April 24, 2017 1:56:20 PM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

HenriqueBraga
beers 131 º places 27 º 13:56 Mon 4/24/2017

Hey guys! I’ll be visiting New York and Boston for a few days in June.

Usually in NY I visit Torst / Blind Tiger and Rattle ’N Hum and buy beer at New Beer Distributors, Top Hops and Whole Foods (Bowery and Tribeca).

Should I stick to them or visit someplace else?

Never been to Boston so other than Trillium, what other places should I visit? Is Tree House easily found in Boston?

Please let me know if you are looking for Brazilian beers for trade.

Thanks a bunch!

dogfish120love
beers 1339 º places 18 º 16:16 Mon 4/24/2017

In Boston you will find the best draft lists at:
Publick House
Row 34
Lord Hobo
Tip Tap (less of a priority)

There are other more out of the way places, but all of above are solid.

You will not find Tree House unless you go there or trade for it. Also, Trillium Boston is for takeaway only. If you want takeaway and onsite consumption you will need to drive/uber to Canton.

HenriqueBraga
beers 131 º places 27 º 08:15 Thu 5/11/2017

Row 34 looks amazing!
Looking forward to pay them a visit.

Have you been to Saturday’s visit at Sam Adams?

Originally posted by dogfish120love
In Boston you will find the best draft lists at:
Publick House
Row 34
Lord Hobo
Tip Tap (less of a priority)

There are other more out of the way places, but all of above are solid.

You will not find Tree House unless you go there or trade for it. Also, Trillium Boston is for takeaway only. If you want takeaway and onsite consumption you will need to drive/uber to Canton.

trapped
beers 7472 º places 470 º 09:14 Thu 5/11/2017

TheHOFF43
beers 2045 º places 169 º 12:43 Thu 5/11/2017

I liked Cambridge Brewing Co if you’re nearby while in Boston. Good pub food and some solid beers.

Yes--do not walk to Trillium with hopes of a few pints being available. You’ll get a growler to go and you better like it (or sadly walk away empty handed like I did)

Their taproom is cool but not in Boston. I went on my way through as I headed to Vermont/Maine

MaxxDaddy
beers 415 º places 32 º 19:54 Thu 5/11/2017

For NYC, I’d recommend Ginger Man over Rattle n Hum in that neighborhood. As for other places to try, I guess that depends on your scene. Do you want to check out local breweries or try a bunch of things from all over the US? Do you want to get out to new neighborhoods or stick to certain areas?

ClarkVV
beers 13379 º places 111 º 21:13 Thu 5/11/2017

I would pass on sam adams.

HenriqueBraga
beers 131 º places 27 º 09:44 Fri 5/12/2017

Since my sister lives in NYC, I’ve been a couple of times at both places and enjoyed them at lot!
Not a big fan of Blind Tiger, though.
Definitively paying Fool’s Gold and Spuyten Devil a visit this time! These are good places, right?
Although my sister lives in lower Manhattan, I’ll be spending lots of time in Brooklyn :)

Originally posted by MaxxDaddy
For NYC, I’d recommend Ginger Man over Rattle n Hum in that neighborhood. As for other places to try, I guess that depends on your scene. Do you want to check out local breweries or try a bunch of things from all over the US? Do you want to get out to new neighborhoods or stick to certain areas?

HenriqueBraga
beers 131 º places 27 º 09:47 Fri 5/12/2017

Damnnn
Bought the tickets earlier this week.
Good thing the tour is 9AM, on a (usually) non-drinking time of the day.

Originally posted by ClarkVV

ClarkVV
beers 13379 º places 111 º 10:00 Fri 5/12/2017

Originally posted by HenriqueBraga
Damnnn
Bought the tickets earlier this week.
Good thing the tour is 9AM, on a (usually) non-drinking time of the day.

Originally posted by ClarkVV

Was more just a cheap shot at Sam Adams. I’m sure it will be fine.

JStax
beers 10650 º places 821 º 11:22 Fri 5/12/2017

Originally posted by TheHOFF43
I liked Cambridge Brewing Co if you’re nearby while in Boston. Good pub food and some solid beers.

Yes--do not walk to Trillium with hopes of a few pints being available. You’ll get a growler to go and you better like it (or sadly walk away empty handed like I did)

Their taproom is cool but not in Boston. I went on my way through as I headed to Vermont/Maine

I enjoyed Cambridge Brewing Company as well. It was a very relaxed environment on my visit, and was just a short walk to Lord Hobo.