Not enough time to enjoy a fall beer IN TH FALL before breweries stop making it...........

Reads 3724 • Replies 31 • Started Thursday, August 2, 2012 3:53:52 PM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

suprchunk
beers 2996 º places 147 º 11:00 Fri 8/3/2012

Originally posted by pepsiedcan
Pumpkin beer sales die the day after halloween. Oktoberfest beers in November? You jokin or? Better to be early rather than late for most breweries.
I enjoy having a pumpkin beer for Thanksgiving as well. That’s about my cutoff for the pumpkin beers. But August is a bit too soon for me, especially when it is an imperial pumpkin ale.

DietPepsican
beers 1592 º places 63 º 11:02 Fri 8/3/2012

Originally posted by suprchunk
imperial pumpkin ale.

These shouldn’t exist. Then again, neither should Oktoberfests.

vollont
14:24 Fri 8/3/2012

no the winter beers should be on the store shelves by December or at least right after Thanksgiving.

I saw 2 seasonal releases (a pumpkin and a spiced cider) as early as last week, about July 25th, at my supermarket.

I imagine it won’t be long that we’re dealing with oktoberfests released in April, Barleywines and winter warmers released in August, wheat beers released in November, and pilsners released in February.
Maybe the rush to be the "first" seasonal on the shelf will cycle us back around so that eventually they will line up with the right season, except that we’ll be drinking "next year’s seasonal release"

robrules
places 1 º 09:04 Thu 8/9/2012

Originally posted by PhillyBeer2112
I saw 2 seasonal releases (a pumpkin and a spiced cider) as early as last week, about July 25th, at my supermarket.

Smutty pumpkin was available around here in June - saw someone buy a case 3 days after the summer solstice.

They will be out of code by the time holloween rolls around.

whaleman
beers 2178 º places 25 º 09:23 Thu 8/9/2012

Easy solution: buy seasonal beers from small local brewpubs. Their seasonal beers are almost certain to be released during the appropriate season. Forget about the stale stuff on the beer store shelves.

Originally posted by whaleman
Easy solution: buy seasonal beers from small local brewpubs. Their seasonal beers are almost certain to be released during the appropriate season. Forget about the stale stuff on the beer store shelves.

Sure, that works well when you live in SEPA.

mattyb83
beers 737 º places 20 º 09:51 Thu 8/9/2012

Originally posted by whaleman

Town Hall released a Nelson Sauv hopped Pale Lager on Tuesday. Seems appropriate for the heat and humidity of the late summer in Minnesota.

MatSciGuy
beers 924 º 10:04 Thu 8/9/2012

It’s not the brewers who are doing it wrong. We need to adjust our calendars to coincide with their brewing schedules. We should probably just forgo the rest of August and September and just skip to October 1 so our calendars can line up with the seasonal brew schedule.

ICEatALAMO
beers 1366 º places 18 º 13:34 Thu 8/9/2012

The OP is spot on. This stuff drives me crazy as well. Not being able to get an Oktoberfest beer when it is below 60 degrees is just not right.