Phoenix area next week

Reads 919 • Replies 14 • Started Friday, March 31, 2017 10:42:22 PM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

TheHOFF43
beers 2045 º places 169 º 22:42 Fri 3/31/2017

I think I’m going to Phoenix for a few days next week.

Any advice on what beer places to go? My meeting is 3 minutes from AZ Wilderness so that is easy. Any others? Mad props for food places as well.

Also, I’ve never been to Arizona. Any touristy stuff to do? Wife will likely be with me.

StefanSD
beers 2449 º places 57 º 11:38 Sat 4/1/2017

I’ve heard good things about the Nearly Naked Theatre, you can look it up on Yelp.

Jow
beers 7343 º places 487 º 12:37 Sat 4/1/2017

So Pizzaria Bianco in downtown Phoenix often makes the list for best pizza in US and is very tasty. There is a Japanese small plates place restaurant in a house right across st from pizza place that is also very good, touch high end. Kinda near AZ wilderness is Queen Creek Olive Oil vineyard which does tours and has cool food, coffees, and gelato inside it’s nice place. Also back in downtown is the Indian museum which has artifacts and art and history of local tribes and is nicely done. You can see a diamondbacks game. Also some of best urban hiking around with some nice short but scenic desert hikes. Sanctuary at camelback mountain is high end and very good food. I’ve done all these things and enjoyed as a tourist perhaps local could recommend more.

TheHOFF43
beers 2045 º places 169 º 16:28 Sat 4/1/2017

Thanks Jow. I appreciate it

Ibrew2or3
beers 10533 º places 353 º 17:44 Sat 4/1/2017

Originally posted by TheHOFF43
I think I’m going to Phoenix for a few days next week.

Any advice on what beer places to go? My meeting is 3 minutes from AZ Wilderness so that is easy. Any others? Mad props for food places as well.

Also, I’ve never been to Arizona. Any touristy stuff to do? Wife will likely be with me.

Wilderness has kick ass bugers and tacos as well as ’Merican Fries. I’ll be there for taco tuesday from about 4 - 7pm. (Damn, their tap list is choked with 7 different saisons right now). I live 3 miles from Wilderness.

Going north are other good food and beer options at McFate and further north at Scottsdale Beer Company.
To the east of Wilderness is Beer Research Institute with a pretty solid food and beer selection.

In what part of town are you staying? You might need crowlers for the room and this is the place for selection and price:
https://www.taphunter.com/location/kings-convenience/6629416619212800
He has the Tombstone IPA on right now. If you see that anywhere get it.

The touristy thing to do right now is hike. Papago and Camelback are close but get crowded during peak hours. There are already some tourists that have needed medical help this year due to dehydration. Based on the forecast you would want to do this early in the day Thur and Fri. The weather Tue and Wed looks pretty awesome to do anything.

There’s some great museums downtown.

Ibrew2or3
beers 10533 º places 353 º 21:56 Mon 4/3/2017

Originally posted by TheHOFF43

Special at Wilderness looks damn fine:

LOCAL WEDNESDAY
DRUNKEN LAMB - $15.49
Roasted Lamb (Double Check Ranch) over Tri-Color Beets (Steadfast Farms) and Hakurei Turnips (Steadfast Farms)! Paired with Honey Glazed Baby Carrots (Steadfast Farms) topped with Daikon and Radish Shoots (Steadfast Farms)! Swimming in a Beer Reduction

TheHOFF43
beers 2045 º places 169 º 22:12 Mon 4/3/2017

Damnit. I had to move my trip back a week but I appreciate it.

I’ll message you privately with some questions

Ibrew2or3
beers 10533 º places 353 º 08:16 Tue 4/4/2017

It’s a good thing you weren’t here Mon/Tue this week. The Final Four has added about 400,000 more people in town + "snowbirds’ and Spring; Training traffic has been rough.

TheHOFF43
beers 2045 º places 169 º 00:09 Fri 4/7/2017

I fly in the 18th early. Flight out the 20th late. Wife booked an airbnb I guess. Will have car.

Anything worth drinking in sedona? Might head to the Grand Canyon for a day. I’ve never been.

Any good beer bars in Phoenix?

TheHOFF43
beers 2045 º places 169 º 00:11 Fri 4/7/2017

Is Papago worth a stop? Reviews look mixed...

Jow
beers 7343 º places 487 º 10:09 Fri 4/7/2017

Angel’s Trumpet Ale House is a great bar in Phoenix

saw this list the other day, I plan on checking out a few when I visit Scottsdale in fall
https://www.pastemagazine.com/articles/2017/04/7-ways-to-eat-through-scottsdale-ariz.html

In sedona the only beer Ive had is from Oak Creek at both the brewery and brewpub but its been several years. there used to be the best hot dog place in the brewery but its closed now. sedona is great town for casual hiking, jeep tours, horseback riding, I also did a kayak trip.

Obviously Grand Canyon is worth seeing and you’ll probably stop in Flagstaff during the trip which also a range of things.

I’m a big AZ fan in general and visit every couple years.