Pigapalooza

Reads 2537 • Replies 11 • Started Friday, February 18, 2011 8:48:34 AM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

brewtopian
beers 2 º 08:48 Fri 2/18/2011

Hey guys, this isn’t so much beer related as it is just a lot of fun but March 26th we’re doing the 1st annual Pigapalooza pork cook off here at the store in Meridian. We’re going to have every kind of porky goodness you can think of including a couple whole roast pigs. All the pork you can eat and all the beer you can drink all day long.

inflatablehair
18:24 Fri 2/18/2011

I want pork shoulder braised in some ridiculously expensive, hard-to-get beer. Like Xyauyu. Or Utopias. I know you can make it happen.

brewtopian
beers 2 º 21:05 Fri 2/18/2011

Originally posted by inflatablehair
I want pork shoulder braised in some ridiculously expensive, hard-to-get beer. Like Xyauyu. Or Utopias. I know you can make it happen.

Actually, I bet I can make that happen. I’m willing to give it a try

BuckeyeBoy
beers 17546 º places 275 º 21:13 Fri 2/18/2011

Rick what is the cost??? Sounds like a good time. Hope to make it.

brewtopian
beers 2 º 21:15 Fri 2/18/2011

It’s $25 bucks, all you can eat all you can drink with proceeds benefiting breast cancer research

JohnGalt1
beers 1721 º places 2 º 21:32 Fri 2/18/2011

Bah.. I do this every weekend in my own backyard. But since it is for Breast Cancer research... I will be there.

brewtopian
beers 2 º 21:34 Fri 2/18/2011

Originally posted by JohnGalt1
Bah.. I do this every weekend in my own backyard. But since it is for Breast Cancer research... I will be there.

Wait, you’ve been roasting whole pigs in your backyard every weekend and I haven’t been invited? I am deeply offended.

JohnGalt1
beers 1721 º places 2 º 21:46 Fri 2/18/2011

Originally posted by brewtopian
Originally posted by JohnGalt1

Wait, you’ve been roasting whole pigs in your backyard every weekend and I haven’t been invited? I am deeply offended.

More "all you can eat pork" and "all you can drink"... GEEZ Rick, don’t take things so literally. Looking forward to this one. Good idea for a good cause.

BuckeyeBoy
beers 17546 º places 275 º 17:51 Sun 2/20/2011

Rick are you going to have this event at your shop or another location??? Are you going to sell X amount of tickets to help from over crowding/bottles getting broken??? Just a thought

ditmier
beers 1508 º 18:13 Sun 2/20/2011

Originally posted by BuckeyeBoy
Rick are you going to have this event at your shop or another location??? Are you going to sell X amount of tickets to help from over crowding/bottles getting broken??? Just a thought

It will be in my backyard, don’t know if that announcement went out yet...

inflatablehair
21:18 Wed 3/2/2011

What’s the timeframe for this event? I’m hosting a beer tasting at Bueno Cheapo Vino in Nampa on the 26th, and would like to plan my day.