Pliny The Younger on eBay!

Reads 15992 • Replies 70 • Started Tuesday, February 8, 2011 12:44:56 PM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

GT
beers 10001 º places 672 º 14:04 Tue 2/8/2011

I spent $200 to fly across the country, have it on tap, have all the other RR beers on tap, and had one of the best weekends of my life in San Francisco staying with friends.

Or I could have traded $200 away worth of rare beer to entice some disrespectful idiot to smuggle some out.

So when someone posts on here they want PtY and will trade $400 worth of rare Cantillon, seriously, buy a fucking plane ticket instead of feeding people to do this shithead behavior.

miketd
beers 5 º places 125 º 14:06 Tue 2/8/2011

Originally posted by tarheels86
I spent $200 to fly across the country, have it on tap, have all the other RR beers on tap, and had one of the best weekends of my life in San Francisco staying with friends.

Or I could have traded $200 away worth of rare beer to entice some disrespectful idiot to smuggle some out.

So when someone posts on here they want PtY and will trade $400 worth of rare Cantillon, seriously, buy a fucking plane ticket instead of feeding people to do this shithead behavior.

Some people have more money than time.

puzzl
beers 3258 º places 138 º 14:08 Tue 2/8/2011

Originally posted by MaxxDaddy
You should read a couple of the responses on BA regarding this. So much entitlement...

God I can’t even read more than 3 posts of that shit. Jesus. Shit like that makes me want to throw my entire beer cellar out the window.

TURDFERGUSON
beers 4067 º places 154 º 14:46 Tue 2/8/2011

for 200 bucks, thats a pretty good deal. Who’s your travel agent?

GT
beers 10001 º places 672 º 14:48 Tue 2/8/2011

Originally posted by TURDFERGUSON

for 200 bucks, thats a pretty good deal. Who’s your travel agent?

Myself. We booked about 3 months in advance DCA-SF0 on Usairways

danielcurtis81
beers 1519 º places 16 º 14:59 Tue 2/8/2011

I saw someone at another event hand bottling and the whole process looked ridiculous. Many different glasses, being sloshed back and forth and drunk out of then going into another bottle of beer that was drunk that night and probably not even washed out. I did not say anything as the time and I’m sure someone got some very unique brew that wasn’t what the brewer intended.

What is the correct thing to do if you see this happening? Should you confront them, confront the bar/brewery?

Glouglouburp
beers 6103 º places 423 º 15:12 Tue 2/8/2011

Some years ago I was at Extreme Beer Fest in Boston. A few weeks later I was flying to Czech Republic. A rare-beer rater from ratebeer came to me as asked if in Czech Republic I was going to do the Pilsner Urquell tour with the famous Pilsner Urquell Kvasnicový served in a plastic glass at the end of the tour. I said yes. He asked me if I could pour some of my plastic glass in a little aspirin bottle and ship it to him in USA. Seriously. I shit you not.

NobleSquirrel
beers 3437 º places 209 º 15:17 Tue 2/8/2011

Originally posted by puzzl
Originally posted by MaxxDaddy
You should read a couple of the responses on BA regarding this. So much entitlement...

God I can’t even read more than 3 posts of that shit. Jesus. Shit like that makes me want to throw my entire beer cellar out the window.

That’s been the way I’ve felt for a while and why I don’t even bother trying to keep up with the chasers anymore... There is far too much good beer that I can get at the local brewpubs (and my own homebrew) that it’s just not worth spending a fortune over. The last couple of years have been brutal for that.

DietPepsican
beers 1592 º places 63 º 15:45 Tue 2/8/2011

I almost forgot that irishboy sent me a handbottle of this years ago, for free...because he is awesome. Thanks again for that Richard! It held up just fine, but I have a feeling those were handled just a bit better than this one was.

Anyone else find this odd that this was put on ebay rather than the BA trading forum? I’m sure people would trade big for the hand bottle. Are the ebay scalpers finally getting wise? That would be interesting...

jimmack
beers 1223 º places 24 º 16:08 Tue 2/8/2011

When I first got into craft beer 20+ years ago if I found a store selling more than 25 different craft beers I was ecstatic. It was fun trying to track down new and different beers because there were so few out there, at least here in NJ. Today I could probably find 2,000 different beers within 2 hours of my house. There are so many great beers available that I find it crazy when people feel they MUST have every great beer out there. Would I love to try PTY? Of course, and perhaps some day I will but it won’t bother me if I don’t.