Polish beer in Top50

Reads 3012 • Replies 31 • Started Tuesday, May 23, 2017 10:00:02 AM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

rami_pl
beers 11425 º places 148 º 07:37 Wed 5/24/2017

Ratebeer Best 2016 was calculated with algorithms, that promote "country diversity" - maybe it is good idea to use this method for top50?

The_Osprey
beers 10591 º places 178 º 08:18 Wed 5/24/2017

Originally posted by FatPhil
If you were to be able to remove the Polish ratings, there would be a handful of Belgians who liked it a lot, and then a bunch of Estonian haters (OK, I exagerate, 3.7, 3.6, 3.5, and 3.4, IIRC), and this beer would barely register.

The ability to filter out local raters (or at least have summary stats divided into locals and remotes) would be a very interesting feature for the site. Of course, sometimes the hype travels with the bottle.

Holy crap, it made it into the top 50 despite being rated by Estonian raters? This beer must be incredible

bytemesis
beers 15304 º places 1595 º 22:49 Wed 5/24/2017

It is officially on my wants list, along with the other variants. :)

anon84892
beers 3284 º places 21 º 03:32 Thu 5/25/2017

Originally posted by bytemesis

Good luck man. I tried trading for these and the demands being made for them are frankly ridiculous

Theydon_Bois
admin
beers 40415 º places 1239 º 03:33 Thu 5/25/2017

Originally posted by BenH

Good luck man. I tried trading for these and the demands being made for them are frankly ridiculous

More than 2 bottles of Doom Bar?

MarcoDL
beers 9588 º places 213 º 04:20 Thu 5/25/2017

Originally posted by rami_pl
Ratebeer Best 2016 was calculated with algorithms, that promote "country diversity" - maybe it is good idea to use this method for top50?

You want more Uzbek lagers in the top 50?

rouhlas
admin
beers 5623 º places 348 º 04:26 Thu 5/25/2017

I remember the post in facebook.. it was "fun" :D

I will try again to find the set!

77ships
beers 14200 º places 913 º 05:06 Thu 5/25/2017

They are insanely expenisve in Poland compared with other Polish beer & bottle count is quite low.

MacBoost
beers 2074 º places 37 º 05:36 Thu 5/25/2017

I would never give anything more than shelf turds for a polish beer

anon84892
beers 3284 º places 21 º 05:45 Thu 5/25/2017

Originally posted by 77ships

They are insanely expenisve in Poland compared with other Polish beer & bottle count is quite low.

I get that but here’s a list of what was being suggested for the set:

Armand 4 seasons set
Box of Hill Farmstead
Marshall Zhukov + 2x Mikkeller Bourbon George + 4x BA Vanilla Shake
Regular Dark Lord 1:1

I was lucky enough that my friend in Poland hooked me up with a Calvados barrel bottle. I hope it’s good but very much doubt it will be as good as the scores indicate which from my experience is the trend with Polish beer (not saying they’re bad beers, just don’t stack up to similarly scoring beers imo).

Homering goes on everywhere, I don’t hold it against the Polish raters. People who trade beers are well aware of the practice and know how to spot it. If you trade heavily for blatantly homered beers and end up disappointed then more fool you. I’d personally be more inclined to trade heavily for high scoring beers that have a lot of ratings. I also get that some people have an obsession with the red tick on the top 50 lists and that’s fair enough too.