Portland Recommendations

Reads 2436 • Replies 41 • Started Wednesday, February 8, 2017 7:50:06 PM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

WingmanWillis
admin
beers 1562 º places 1908 º 02:45 Fri 2/10/2017

Originally posted by drfabulous
Originally posted by WingmanWillis
Why does Tugboat never feature?

Ha. Was there many years ago before a lot of new openings. Odd place. Eh beer.

Been to Portland a few times and never made it in. Feel sort of sorry for Tugboat. Will definitely return and try it.

Erlangernick
beers 6 º places 2 º 05:50 Sat 2/11/2017

Originally posted by drfabulous
Why does Tugboat never feature?

Ha. Was there many years ago before a lot of new openings. Odd place. Eh beer.

Been to Portland a few times and never made it in. Feel sort of sorry for Tugboat. Will definitely return and try it.

It’s a must, just for the history. Went in a couple of times on my trip a couple of years ago, was my first time in Portland in a decade. It was great, more of a proper Portland brewpub of yesteryear, not SO hipster.

OP could visit various McMenamin’s pubs & brewpubs for the essential original Portland-of-yesteryear experience.

I may have posted this after my trip, but when I think back on it, McMenamin’s pubs are what I miss most. And the old Bridgeport.

hopdog
beers 24815 º places 577 º 18:42 Sat 2/11/2017

Glad I saw this ... I’m planning a trip out to Portland in June (without kids with the sole purpose to drink beer for a full week) ...

Clownoisseur
beers 531 º places 1 º 10:02 Sun 2/12/2017

Stopped at Great Notion last night. Extremely impressed with their brews! Juice Box is just that.

Breakside was no slouch either. Breakside IPA and Wanderlust were great hop offerings. Waffle fries with blue cheese ftw!

Thanks, thread.

Erlangernick
beers 6 º places 2 º 10:11 Sun 2/12/2017

Can’t imagine a more thoroughly beer-soaked American town than Portland, nor a state than Orygun.

douglas88
admin
beers 13195 º places 398 º 12:22 Sun 2/12/2017

Originally posted by hopdog
Glad I saw this ... I’m planning a trip out to Portland in June (without kids with the sole purpose to drink beer for a full week) ...

Oh man I’d love to meet. When in June? I’m gonna be in Japan after the 18th.

douglas88
admin
beers 13195 º places 398 º 12:25 Sun 2/12/2017

Originally posted by Clownoisseur
Stopped at Great Notion last night. Extremely impressed with their brews! Juice Box is just that.

Breakside was no slouch either. Breakside IPA and Wanderlust were great hop offerings. Waffle fries with blue cheese ftw!

Thanks, thread.

Dude you lege! Let us know, the local crew would love to say hi and share a pint.
https://www.ratebeer.com/Lexicon.asp

Clownoisseur
beers 531 º places 1 º 12:37 Sun 2/12/2017

Originally posted by douglas88
Originally posted by Clownoisseur

Thanks, thread.

Dude you lege! Let us know, the local crew would love to say hi and share a pint.
https://www.ratebeer.com/Lexicon.asp

Woof!

Had no idea it was such a violation!

de Garde was supposed to be my only "beer stop" yesterday but we ended up heading back out once we got in town last night. Much to my wife’s dismay. Ha!

We are in town until Monday afternoon, so all is not lost. Shoot me a message and we can chat! Breakside is walking distance from me currently....

hopdog
beers 24815 º places 577 º 19:26 Sun 2/12/2017

I might just miss you ... will be out the week of the 19th (not sure if it will be 17 - 23 or 19 - 25, but that week. Shame, would have liked to have met up for sure!

Sarlacc83
beers 2662 º places 111 º 23:09 Sun 2/12/2017

I might just miss you ... will be out the week of the 19th (not sure if it will be 17 - 23 or 19 - 25, but that week. Shame, would have liked to have met up for sure!

Maybe we can meet and I can give you a taste of Douglas’ sense of humor.

But not really, because it’s one of a kind!