Post your 2014 Founder’s KBS Release Goofy-ness here!

Reads 5365 • Replies 74 • Started Wednesday, April 2, 2014 4:02:08 PM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

bmoosey
beers 82 º places 1 º 12:19 Thu 4/3/2014

Originally posted by AdamJackson
Funny thing is, he apologized to me, "Dude I’m sorry but the kegs are sixtels only. Do you still want it?"

and I’m not bragging here, just saying that it’s not that hard to get. Or maybe Vermont once again lucks out on beer releases? No clue.

Sounds like you were just in the right place at the right time!

GH734uKzl
beers 702 º places 1 º 13:09 Thu 4/3/2014

I am going to chime in on the raise the price argument. While waiting in 60 person line for 2 bottles, I posited the question, "How long would this line be if the price was $11.99 a bottle?" Most people thought about half as long. I would probably have still stupidly bought 2 bottles. Universal consensus was, while under those conditions KBS wouldn’t sell out in 5 minutes, it would still sell out in a few hours.

Consensus was that this year was significantly crazier than last year, which was significantly crazier than the year before.

mikem409
beers 2032 º places 251 º 13:12 Thu 4/3/2014

lets say production stays the same on KBS will this continue to worsen year after year or will it reach a point where KBS is not "cool" anymore and it will decline in popularity?

blklab2007
beers 2121 º places 17 º 13:18 Thu 4/3/2014

I personally don’t bother anymore. It is a nice beer to enjoy a bottle of but not near worth the trouble to get.

Treebute
13:58 Thu 4/3/2014

Korgers(Grocery store) beer rep was followed around the store by one individual for 2 hours until their shipment arrived. It was a one bottle limit.

t0rin0
beers 102 º places 1528 º 14:00 Thu 4/3/2014

Originally posted by Treebute
Korgers(Grocery store) beer rep was followed around the store by one individual for 2 hours until their shipment arrived. It was a one bottle limit.

barak316
beers 107 º places 15 º 14:36 Thu 4/3/2014

Funny thing is, he apologized to me, "Dude I’m sorry but the kegs are sixtels only. Do you still want it?"

and I’m not bragging here, just saying that it’s not that hard to get. Or maybe Vermont once again lucks out on beer releases? No clue.

Founders doesn’t use sixtels anymore. They purchased their own 1/4bbls and 1/2barrels. They stopped using them well over a year ago.

bottleforager
beers 3211 º places 63 º 14:43 Thu 4/3/2014

Luckily the little shop I work at is mostly off the radar... we got a case. I took a 4pk and spread the other 5 to regular customers who had asked if we were getting some. A few of the larger stores in the Portland area did raffles for two bottle limits at 5.99/btl. That being said we got about 20 phone calls and had a good amount of shelf stalkers coming in eyeing every inch of the store where beer is hidden...

AdamChandler
beers 6124 º places 278 º 14:51 Thu 4/3/2014

Originally posted by barak316

Founders doesn’t use sixtels anymore. They purchased their own 1/4bbls and 1/2barrels. They stopped using them well over a year ago.

I apologize you’re right. I had to google it. I’m not a keg expert but what I have says 7.75 gallons and sixtel is 5, right?

barak316
beers 107 º places 15 º 15:50 Thu 4/3/2014

Originally posted by barak316

Yeah you got a 1/4bbl. That is awesome!

I apologize you’re right. I had to google it. I’m not a keg expert but what I have says 7.75 gallons and sixtel is 5, right?