Post your 2014 Founder’s KBS Release Goofy-ness here!

Reads 5364 • Replies 74 • Started Wednesday, April 2, 2014 4:02:08 PM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

MannyGoldberg
beers 208 º places 31 º 08:39 Fri 4/4/2014

Originally posted by garthicus
I hear whispers that we’re getting some in Ireland too!

I’d be surprised. James Clay seem to be incapable of getting their hands on any hype stuff from their US accounts for years now. BCBSV in 2010 was the last I can remember.

GumballDust
08:56 Fri 4/4/2014

She took the day off so her husband could try it?? Wow it's really out of hand this year. I'm determined to get my hands on some bottles but thinking next year is no KBS for me.

---Posted via Beer Buddy for iPhone

DCLawyer
beers 3007 º places 236 º 08:59 Fri 4/4/2014

Everywhere in DC area that has gotten it has sold out in an hour or two. Total Wine in Fairfax sent me their automated email saying they have it, but the email was sent AFTER they had already sold out. Sigh.

SrSilliGose
beers 3351 º places 252 º 09:00 Fri 4/4/2014

Originally posted by DrSilverworm
I show up to work today and there are already 2 people in line waiting on us to open at 11am. I explained to them that the truck hasn’t even showed up yet and it could arrive any time within the next 6 hours. All of this for 1 bottle.

I asked the 1st lady in line if she has ever had it, she said no. She took the day off work and her husband really wanted to try it. I can kind of understand how these new craft beer enthusiasts can succumb to the hype. Still, though..

While typing this I was interrupted by a guy calling asking about KBS

DrSilverworm
beers 11383 º places 123 º 09:32 Fri 4/4/2014

Originally posted by GumballDust
She took the day off so her husband could try it?? Wow it’s really out of hand this year. I’m determined to get my hands on some bottles but thinking next year is no KBS for me.

---Posted via Beer Buddy for iPhone

Yeah. Now after hearing it’s 1 per customer, her husband is trying to convince a friend to give him a ride over / take a bus out from work so that they can both score 1 each. I really hope they like it...

Out of curiosity, I asked her how she had heard about KBS, since she had never tried it before. I was really trying to figure out what community she was on, truthfully (BA, instagram, reddit, untappd, etc). She said something like "Oh, you know, we’re beer geeks... This is just one of those that everyone talks about when it comes out."

Every year the hype will get worse and worse, unless they triple or quadruple production. As craft beer expands to the masses, more and more people get on the hype train each year. This combined with Founders continually expanding to new markets means that this type of insanity is not going anywhere anytime soon

NOW, I just got word that a local bar got a barrel aged Red’s Rye... THAT, I’m excited for! New ticks FTW!

DietPepsican
beers 1592 º places 63 º 10:00 Fri 4/4/2014

I’m happy to finally have some paid time off so I can start running with the big doges and chase the trucks.

blipp
beers 14843 º places 219 º 10:06 Fri 4/4/2014

In order to limit confusion and promote trading, please spell out the beer(s) you are trading in the first post or your thread title. Threads using strictly acronyms or abbreviations for breweries/beers will be deleted. When it doubt, spell it out.

mikem409
beers 2032 º places 251 º 12:09 Fri 4/4/2014

Originally posted by DrSilverworm
I show up to work today and there are already 2 people in line waiting on us to open at 11am. I explained to them that the truck hasn’t even showed up yet and it could arrive any time within the next 6 hours. All of this for 1 bottle.

I asked the 1st lady in line if she has ever had it, she said no. She took the day off work and her husband really wanted to try it. I can kind of understand how these new craft beer enthusiasts can succumb to the hype. Still, though..

While typing this I was interrupted by a guy calling asking about KBS

i just spit up my salad laughing.

mikem409
beers 2032 º places 251 º 12:12 Fri 4/4/2014

Originally posted by blipp
In order to limit confusion and promote trading, please spell out the beer(s) you are trading in the first post or your thread title. Threads using strictly acronyms or abbreviations for breweries/beers will be deleted. When it doubt, spell it out.

you serious clark?

DCLawyer
beers 3007 º places 236 º 17:47 Fri 4/4/2014

Originally posted by DCLawyer
Everywhere in DC area that has gotten it has sold out in an hour or two. Total Wine in Fairfax sent me their automated email saying they have it, but the email was sent AFTER they had already sold out. Sigh.
After striking out everywhere else, gotta give major props to Dominion Wine & Beer in Falls Church. They decided to share their meager supply by giving away a portion through a free tasting tonight. Well done, gentlemen.