RateBeer European Summer Gathering 2017

Reads 2674 • Replies 28 • Started Monday, February 13, 2017 5:41:43 PM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen
 
BlackHaddock
beers 10227 º places 821 º 16:53 Thu 2/16/2017

Originally posted by Cuso
Originally posted by Desverger
That Bratislava proposal from last year (link below) looked very good, would be interesting to see if the guys give it another attempt for this year (no pressure) :D

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0ByFTn0_6g_HHN1ZRdXIteDcyZy1ObU0yWHVtek5JNUhrX3JB/view


Guys (we) are working hard on new proposal. :)


You got my vote last year: and I ended up in Barcelona!
Actually Marc and Marc did a grand job in Catalonia and we had an awesome ’Gathering’.

If your proposal is similar to last years then I for one will be keen to see it.

<*))))))><

 
FatPhil
beers 18942 º places 717 º 17:03 Thu 2/16/2017

An Estonia or joint Estonia/Finland proposal is not off the cards...
Knowing what the requirements were would help us satisfy them...

 
BlackHaddock
beers 10227 º places 821 º 17:13 Thu 2/16/2017

Originally posted by FatPhil
An Estonia or joint Estonia/Finland proposal is not off the cards...
Knowing what the requirements were would help us satisfy them...


A large total of bars/brewpubs/breweries (in relatively close proximity) with huge beer lists.
A place for ’the Grand Tastings’ (where everyone brings their bottles to share, usually the highlight).
Choice of cheap accommodation and good transport links.

You and your ’mates’ talk/liaise with landlords/brewers and come up with an itinerary that works and send it in.

I am sure there are ’proper’ criteria, but above is basically what is wanted.

<*))))))><

 
Leighton
beers 27498 º places 1083 º 17:36 Thu 2/16/2017

Originally posted by BlackHaddock
Originally posted by FatPhil
An Estonia or joint Estonia/Finland proposal is not off the cards...
Knowing what the requirements were would help us satisfy them...


A large total of bars/brewpubs/breweries (in relatively close proximity) with huge beer lists.
A place for ’the Grand Tastings’ (where everyone brings their bottles to share, usually the highlight).
Choice of cheap accommodation and good transport links.

You and your ’mates’ talk/liaise with landlords/brewers and come up with an itinerary that works and send it in.

I am sure there are ’proper’ criteria, but above is basically what is wanted.

<*))))))><


Jeremy’s not too far off. But it is really meant to be more than just a big pub crawl. Ideally, the organiser creates an experience that the attendee wouldn’t be able to get otherwise. I like to think of it as an insider’s experience. This can take different forms, of course, although there is a ’classic’ structure:

Thursday: welcome dinner. Usually somewhere that does beer and food well.

Friday: brewery visits during the day, bars or breweries in the evening.

Saturday: perhaps brewery visits in the early day/ early afternoon. Grand tasting in the late afternoon and/or evening.

Sunday: minimal events, or at least have them as early as possible so that folks can travel at a reasonable hour and not feel like they missed out on anything.

 
Sigmund
beers 9750 º places 363 º 22:22 Thu 2/16/2017

Barcelona was a blast, and so were the previous three I’ve been to: Copenhagen, Gothenburg and Glasgow. The fact that ratebeerians who show up for these events invariably are nice guys, is as important as the beer. Depending on the date, I’ll try to make it this year too. But as I’m an old fart, I won’t promise to partake in every single brewery or pub visit, or the entire Grand Tasting - I might need some timeout in my accommodation. Bratislava sounds particularly good to me - I’ve never been to Slovakia, and would like to go.

 
BlackHaddock
beers 10227 º places 821 º 00:33 Fri 2/17/2017

Originally posted by Sigmund
Barcelona was a blast, and so were the previous three I’ve been to: Copenhagen, Gothenburg and Glasgow. The fact that ratebeerians who show up for these events invariably are nice guys, is as important as the beer. Depending on the date, I’ll try to make it this year too. But as I’m an old fart, I won’t promise to partake in every single brewery or pub visit, or the entire Grand Tasting - I might need some timeout in my accommodation. Bratislava sounds particularly good to me - I’ve never been to Slovakia, and would like to go.


I have got to say that I have no idea how I kept up with the others in Barcelona last year: if I can make this years (wherever it is), I will play my ’Joker’ once or twice and bale out for a rest/break from the pace of the rating frenzy.

<*))))))><

 
ArtificialCyst
beers 1529 º places 23 º 02:52 Fri 2/17/2017

We will think about a proposal from Polish Ratebeer. I’m not promising anything, though.

Edit: We will surely file a proposal. Our plans for now are really cool.

 
BRW
beers 3179 º places 117 º 04:51 Fri 2/17/2017

Originally posted by Lowenbrau
Just wanted to ask: is it ok to have two RBESG in a row in the same country (Barcelona 2016)?.
If so i may think of preparing a nice proposal (including cider as well...)


Nice. I’d love to go to Asturias.

Originally posted by Cuso
Originally posted by Desverger
That Bratislava proposal from last year (link below) looked very good, would be interesting to see if the guys give it another attempt for this year (no pressure) :D

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0ByFTn0_6g_HHN1ZRdXIteDcyZy1ObU0yWHVtek5JNUhrX3JB/view


Guys (we) are working hard on new proposal. :)


Your last year’s proposal was really interesting, I hope you can put up something for this year.

 
Lowenbrau
beers 5431 º places 400 º 10:40 Thu 2/23/2017

We are thinking of presenting the Asturias (Spain) candidature. A bunch of people offered help.Let´s see if dates are ok for us. CIder would play an important role as well.

 
Cuso
beers 10920 º places 286 º 11:43 Thu 2/23/2017

When will be call for proposals?