RateBeer European Summer Gathering 2017

Reads 1778 • Replies 27 • Started Monday, February 13, 2017 5:45:56 PM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

Leighton
beers 33714 º places 1204 º 06:44 Tue 3/7/2017

Originally posted by cgarvieuk
Originally posted by Leighton
anyone got a link to last years proposals, wanna see what they looked like

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Ratebeer+European+summer+gathering+proposal

Oh very funny

I thought so. Found what you wanted, though, didn’t you?

cgarvieuk
beers 37620 º places 457 º 06:46 Tue 3/7/2017

anyone got a link to last years proposals, wanna see what they looked like

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Ratebeer+European+summer+gathering+proposal

Oh very funny

I thought so. Found what you wanted, though, didn’t you?

only after a few extra clicks
:-)

cgarvieuk
beers 37620 º places 457 º 06:48 Tue 3/7/2017

Originally posted by BlackHaddock
Originally posted by imdownthepub
Edinburgh would be a great shout, if it can be done.

I really should pay more attention.

Im 1/2 way through trying to pull something together

If the date is over some of the Scottish Real Ale Festival (6th/7th/8th July) I will be interested.

<*))))))><

Would choosing this weekend (to allow people to do festival on Thursday if they want to turn up early) Be a big plus to people. As one of the Core Edinburgh crew is away that week.

I suspect its still the best choice, but interested in opinions.

It would be a big plus for me, as I am up in Edinburgh over that weekend already: for the beer festival and a Caledonian Brewery visit on the Saturday with the CAMRA Investors Club.

I would flit in and out of whatever your itinerary is, should your proposal win. But please do not chose that date just because I suggested it: go with what is best for you and the others involved in setting it all up.

<*))))))><

cgarvieuk
beers 37620 º places 457 º 07:51 Tue 3/7/2017

Originally posted by BlackHaddock
It would be a big plus for me, as I am up in Edinburgh over that weekend already: for the beer festival and a Caledonian Brewery visit on the Saturday with the CAMRA Investors Club.

I would flit in and out of whatever your itinerary is, should your proposal win. But please do not chose that date just because I suggested it: go with what is best for you and the others involved in setting it all up.

<*))))))><

im in that club. But was totally unaware of the brewey visit :-) Not that i care

im in that club. But was totally unaware of the brewey visit :-) Not that i care

From the web page:

2017 Brewery Visit Programme

A visit to Jennings in Cockermouth has been arranged. The date is Tuesday 25th April arriving at 12:00. Maximum number is 40 so, if you are interested in visiting this brewery in the Lake District, please phone the office as soon as possible. There will be a cost of £7.65

The second trip of the year will be to Edinburgh to visit the Caledonian Brewery. It has been set for Saturday 8th July starting at 14:00. Numbers are limited to 24 so book as soon as you can - cost is £10 to include the tour, drinks and a bite to eat afterwards.

CMIC International Trip 2017

This year it is planned to go to The Duchy of Luxembourg - from Thursday 9 November to Tuesday 14 November 2017.

The visit will include :-

A visit to one of The Duchy’s National brewers - probably Bofferding

A visit to a microbrewery

A side trip to Trier in Germany

A meal together in a restaurant in Luxembourg city.

If you are interested in this trip please let Jannette at the office know - no commitment at this stage - not until final details and pricings are announced in late March.

The numbers are going to be restricted to 40.

Hotel prices in hotels around the station are quite modest. The station is a short bus ride from the drinking area of the city. Unlimited travel on the buses for a day is € 4.

<*))))))><

Leighton
beers 33714 º places 1204 º 13:09 Sun 3/12/2017