RateBeer for Android app updated

Reads 11724 • Replies 140 • Started Sunday, January 29, 2012 7:03:38 AM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

jimmie65
beers 330 º places 29 º 08:14 Fri 6/15/2012

One suggestion - can you enable an opt-out for notifications of beermail? (Maybe it’s in there already?)
I was plugging in several beer and place ratings from a recent vacation and kept getting a notification on my phone that I had new beermail. Rather annoying.

JMerritt
places 72 º 08:15 Fri 6/15/2012

Originally posted by TooManyBeers
I’m not one to sugar coat the truth. Just saying.

Opinion doesn’t equal truth. Leave him feedback via the appstore.

TooManyBeers
beers 2 º 08:22 Fri 6/15/2012

Maybe not but when the app limits functionality vs just going to the website then it’s clearly not as good.

erickok
beers 6033 º places 274 º 08:35 Fri 6/15/2012

Maybe not but when the app limits functionality vs just going to the website then it’s clearly not as good.

That’s almost a feature request... What would you consider too limiting? Indeed the app does not (and does not pretend to) replicate the full feature set of the website. Personally (and I know lots of others) find a native app easier to use, especially when quickly searching beers or rating. Would some specific feature make the app ’suck less’ for you?

Originally posted by jimmie65
One suggestion - can you enable an opt-out for notifications of beermail?

You can disable checking for beermail in the app Preferences.

joet
admin
beers 2900 º places 125 º 09:45 Fri 6/15/2012

most of us believe the app’s ease of use is a of great value - by the guy who built the web site

drowland
beers 11069 º places 430 º 16:55 Fri 6/15/2012

Yes, give him a clear example of what you would like to be different instead of just being an ass.

The app is amazing for what it does - browsing beers, rating, looking at brewer pages, and so on. If you don’t like it, go to the website, that’s fine - nothing comes of bitching about it here, especially since you are giving no criticisms or suggestions.

Personally, I find zooming in and out, typing things in, clicking on links, and all of that eight billion times more annoying on the website as opposed to using the app where it’s all zoomed and uses buttons (of sorts).

mar
beers 5630 º places 111 º 01:03 Sat 6/16/2012

+1 to Dr. Owl

erickok
beers 6033 º places 274 º 01:59 Sat 6/16/2012

And the app just got featured in the Android Play Store. Yah! Expect some surge in traffic and perhaps even new users, Joe.

BeerandBlues2
beers 20220 º places 1224 º 15:48 Sat 6/16/2012

Originally posted by JMerritt
Originally posted by BeerandBlues2
Where does one go on the client to change their password? I have looked through every menu, including the "manage apps" menu.

Menu > Sign Out. Then sign back in with the new password. :)
Thanks; I do not know how many times I looked right past "Sign Out" because it is greyed out by default.

BeerandBlues2
beers 20220 º places 1224 º 15:50 Sat 6/16/2012

Then go to the website and quit bitching.