RateBeer for Android app updated

Reads 11728 • Replies 140 • Started Sunday, January 29, 2012 7:03:38 AM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

erickok
beers 6033 º places 274 º 02:06 Mon 3/12/2012

All back to normal. Thanks Joe!

I will get working on solving that BM marked-as-read bug as a return gift. ;)

robertjm
beers 1083 º places 19 º 09:01 Wed 3/14/2012

For the past 48 hours I have been getting error msgs when trying to connect to Ratebeer thru the app. Something about poor connection, or Ratebeer being offline. However, I then get Beermail informing me I could not connect ansd I can log into the website from the same device immediately and post the rating just fine.. This happens on both my wifi-based Nook Color and my HTC Thunderbolt, which is using the LTE connection. What’s strange is I can also serch by beer name and get a result.

joet
admin
beers 2900 º places 125 º 09:16 Wed 3/14/2012

Originally posted by robertjm
For the past 48 hours I have been getting error msgs when trying to connect to Ratebeer thru the app. Something about poor connection, or Ratebeer being offline. However, I then get Beermail informing me I could not connect ansd I can log into the website from the same device immediately and post the rating just fine.. This happens on both my wifi-based Nook Color and my HTC Thunderbolt, which is using the LTE connection. What’s strange is I can also serch by beer name and get a result.

so what page in particular?

joet
admin
beers 2900 º places 125 º 09:17 Wed 3/14/2012

Originally posted by erickok
All back to normal. Thanks Joe!

I will get working on solving that BM marked-as-read bug as a return gift. ;)

thanks, i love you eric.

Throw in the easy JSON add a beer and more love for you from a lot of eager Android users!

robertjm
beers 1083 º places 19 º 22:36 Wed 3/14/2012

Hi Joe,

As of right now I couldn’t even og in with the app. Had to use the browser this evening.

Originally posted by joet

joet
admin
beers 2900 º places 125 º 22:44 Wed 3/14/2012

Hi Joe,

As of right now I couldn’t even og in with the app. Had to use the browser this evening.

Originally posted by joet

I just verified that the version that is out now works on my android device.

there doesn’t seem to be anything inherently wrong with the way the app interacts with the JSON at ratebeer.

Maybe this is a device-specific error? old software?

Have you tried updating?

erickok
beers 6033 º places 274 º 09:15 Fri 3/16/2012

For any specific issue/bug you can always use the ’send error report’ feature, as found in the app menu.

Sesmu
09:49 Sun 4/1/2012

Is scanning feature supposed to work with any Barcode scanning app?

erickok
beers 6033 º places 274 º 09:51 Sun 4/1/2012

It should work with the ’Barcode Scanner’ app. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.google.zxing.client.android

Sesmu
09:59 Sun 4/1/2012

I see. Thanks. For some reason Barcode Scanner takes waaaaay too long on HTC Droid Incredible, so I installed a different one - ShopSavvy - and it scans much better. However, while the RateBeer app calls the scanning app fine, it does not return to RateBeer after finding a beer.