Ratebeer Summer Gathering 2013 - Minneapolis

Reads 18101 • Replies 221 • Started Monday, April 22, 2013 11:48:49 AM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

DalzAle
beers 2046 º places 14 º 11:48 Mon 4/22/2013

Hello Ratebeer!

After the voting for Ratebeer Summer Gathering 2013 wrapped up a few weeks ago, we’ve been tweaking our schedule and adding additional pieces based on feedback from many of you. Although minor updates may still occur, here’s the rundown of the Minneapolis Summer Gathering 2013! We will also be setting up an event page later this week.

Thursday 8/15/13

4pm-Meet and great for everyone participating in the weekend and pick up your weekend program! Come join us and order a few pints of Masala Mama and saddle up for some of the best food in town.

Following Town Hall’s meet and great, you can join up with the other locals and hit up some of the best watering holes Minneapolis has to offer. We’re within walking distance of many good beer bars and night spots which will all be outlined in our program guide.

Friday 8/16/13

The bus tour! We heard everyone loud and clear that a bus was a must, and we have some reservations lined up! The bus tour is currently slated to be as follows (departing at 8:30am):

-Barley John’s for Breakfast and beers

-Fulton’s tap room in downtown Minneapolis

-Indeed

-Dangerous Man

-Harriet Brewing

-New Bohemia for some much needed food (and more beer)

-Following the bus tour, any interested RBSG participants will be dropped off at Target field for a Twins Game (We will buy some tickets ahead of time, available on a first come, first served basis).

Anyone not interested in taking in a game will be dropped off back at the hotel and can let any one of Minneapolis’ best watering hole keep you busy for the remainder of the evening.

Saturday 8/17/13

It will probably be a long Friday, so we’ve lined up a beer breakfast for you across the street from our hotel at Republic! Menu is still to be determined, but will mostly likely be a tasty buffet for the masses.

In addition to breakfast, we have invited brewers to join us for the fun. We are currently anticipating participation from Olvalde, Toppling Goliath, Pour Decisions and more to share some of their brews and answer questions!

Following breakfast, we have set up some intentional open time for participants to hit up brewpubs or beer stores (since MN cannot sell you beer when you leave on Sunday<border=0 title="unamused" SRC="/images/smilies/9.gif" target="_blank" target="_blank">)

Take this time to hit up some of our best beer stores and make sure your suitcase is filled with the most MN beer you can handle. We will be setting up a carpool list so any out of towners can catch a ride to wherever you want to go! Ale Jail has indicated that they may have some fun stuff coming up from their cellar for the event.

At approximately 3:30 PM we will board a chartered bus (from the hotel) to Surly for a tour, and then the grand tasting! We are currently working on glassware for all participants so you have some nice swag to take back home with you.

Sunday 8/18/13</

DalzAle
beers 2046 º places 14 º 11:50 Mon 4/22/2013

We have a late morning breakfast scheduled for everyone at Northbound Smokehouse Brewpub! Come get some cold beer and rib-sticking good meat to help bring you back to life after the Grand Tasting.

If you need to leave MN, we wish you well and hope you had a great time in Minneapolis!

However, if you want to stick around for the afternoon we will be hitting up Dave’s brewfarm! Grab a ride with a local and join us on a short drive into Wisconsin and enjoy some stellar WI beer! On the way back, we’ll lay siege on Hudson so you all can make sure to pick up some New Glarus before jumping the border back to Minnesota.

Hotel: We were able to secure group rate at the Hotel Minneapolis Metrodome, which is right next door to Minneapolis Town Hall Brewery! This hotel will be our home base for the weekend and near a handful of the events we have planned for the group.

Cost for events: We are still breaking down the cost for each portion of event, but we are focusing on making each day an all-inclusive rate which will include meals, transportation, snacks, water, etc. for Thursday and Friday specifically. We are also reaching out to local business in an attempt to receive corporate sponsorship which may bring down overall per person cost if we are successful.

Participation guidelines: This event is intended to be for Ratebeer members, so we would respectfully like to ask that any participants limit any potential guests (i.e. spouse, lover, blow up doll, etc.) to one person. The maximum number of participants will be limited to 100 for any given portion of the event due to size restrictions.

Sign-Up Details: CLevar will be posting a link to the spreadsheet so you can initially begin posting once you have booked a hotel. Additional signup spreadsheets will be available in the next week for each daily event.

CLevar
places 23 º 11:55 Mon 4/22/2013

As promised, here is the LINK to help people out with hotel reservations!

PLEASE ensure that you make it clear that you are with the 2013 Ratebeer Summer Gathering when you make your reservation. Please call either (800) 448-3663 or (612) 333-4646 to make your reservation! Reservations must be made by THURSDAY JULY 25th!

If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to ask and I will make sure your concerns are addressed! The folks over at the hotel have been very helpful thus far, and we expect that this location will be a stellar one to base our RBSG from.

Walt
beers 2449 º places 189 º 18:49 Mon 4/22/2013

The last time I was in Minneapolis, I set bu11zeye on fire.

DietPepsican
beers 1592 º places 63 º 19:25 Mon 4/22/2013

Ms. Garbage and I will probably show up for this. Doubt if we would make it on any of the buses or any events but the beer breakfast, but we would definitely be staying in the same hotel.

t0rin0
beers 102 º places 1528 º 19:36 Mon 4/22/2013

I’ll be buying plane tickets soon. Already have a few beers set aside for the grand tasting.

TheHOFF43
beers 2045 º places 169 º 19:47 Mon 4/22/2013

Originally posted by t0rin0
I’ll be buying plane tickets soon. Already have a few beers set aside for the grand tasting.

If people want to send beers for the grand tasting rather than travel with them i will hold boxes for people until they arrive.

Drake
admin
beers 21771 º places 1252 º 19:49 Mon 4/22/2013

A bunch of co-workers already requested this period off and my lease ends Aug. 15th. Would you guys kindly reschedule RBSG? Gee, thanks!

Hopefully I’ll make the next one.

DalzAle
beers 2046 º places 14 º 19:55 Mon 4/22/2013

{quote]Originally posted by adnielsen
you guys should create an event and post a link here.

i don’t think i’ll be able to make it but i think i’ll be up to minnesota at some point this summer. mostly coming to tick mich golden and clevared homed brews

Event page is coming later this week, we just wanted to start rolling out some of the details as soon as possible.

CLevar
places 23 º 20:43 Mon 4/22/2013

Originally posted by randomgarbage
Ms. Garbage and I will probably show up for this. Doubt if we would make it on any of the buses or any events but the beer breakfast, but we would definitely be staying in the same hotel.

Make sure you still reference RBSG when making that reservation, even if you are too cool to hang out with us!

DietPepsican
beers 1592 º places 63 º 20:50 Mon 4/22/2013

Originally posted by CLevar
Originally posted by randomgarbage

Make sure you still reference RBSG when making that reservation, even if you are too cool to hang out with us!

Not too cool to hang, I just don’t think I can commit to drinking for that many hours on a tour bus and I know she can’t. Have all intentions to go to after parties in hotel rooms and spread the CIB love.