RateBeer Summer Gathering 2017 Voting

Reads 4112 • Replies 35 • Started Saturday, April 8, 2017 12:49:54 PM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

brokensail
admin
beers 21480 º places 1691 º 12:49 Sat 4/8/2017

The proposal submission deadline for RateBeer Summer Gathering 2017 has ended.

Two (2) proposals were received from RateBeer Members and a user vote will proceed as it has in the past to choose the official RateBeer Summer Gathering site.

All voters must be RateBeer members for at three months prior to the beginning of the vote, registered on or before January 8, 2017.

Please do not vote if you do not plan to attend either of the proposed gatherings.

All votes must be submitted in the following manner or they will not be counted!:

1. Votes must be in the form of an email to rbsgvoting@gmail.com.

2. Messages must be formatted as follows:

Subject Line: RBSG17 Vote
Body Line 1: Link To Your Profile
Body Line 2: Your Email Address
Body Line 3: Your Zip Code (US) or Postal Code (International)
Body Line 4: Your Vote (Location Name)

3. Failure to follow this format OR if this information does not match the information in your RateBeer profile will cause your vote to be discarded.

Voting Opens NOW and will continue until Monday, April 16 at 11:59 pm Pacific (2:59 am Eastern). Timestamps will be used if necessary. Voting will be tracked by Admins through a spreadsheet, however the vote count/results will not be made public until the conclusion of the voting period.

And now, the proposals which have been uploaded to Google Drive to allow for the best format possible to share, read, and allow people access to anywhere. If you have any problems accessing these links, do not hesitate to let me know.

RateBeer Summer Gathering 2017 Submissions:

Boise, Idaho
Southwest Michigan

Good luck to all groups offering proposals.

Cheers,
RateBeer Admin Team

blipp
beers 14843 º places 219 º 15:24 Sat 4/8/2017

I’m always beyond impressed at the quality of the proposals each year. Good luck to both!

TheHOFF43
beers 2045 º places 169 º 20:52 Sat 4/8/2017

I’d like to see the Boise proposal give more time at each stop.

50 people getting beers (flights) takes a while. Not to mention transit time. 45 minutes for a stop seems really short. Maybe someone who has attended a bunch of these can chime in.

Both are really strong. Curious to see what wins. Hoping to attend if $$$$ is available to do so. Maybe I’ll start a gofundme?

JohnGalt1
beers 1721 º places 2 º 21:02 Sat 4/8/2017

Originally posted by TheHOFF43

50 people getting beers (flights) takes a while. Not to mention transit time. 45 minutes for a stop seems really short. Maybe someone who has attended a bunch of these can chime in.

Both are really strong. Curious to see what wins. Hoping to attend if $$$$ is available to do so. Maybe I’ll start a gofundme?

I appreciate the feedback. Honestly, the times for the bus portion are very loose. We have the bus until after o 9’oclock if we want. I sorta paced it to make sure we were at a place with food readily available around dinner time. Cheers!

jtclockwork
beers 21132 º places 554 º 21:46 Sat 4/8/2017

Originally posted by TheHOFF43

I’ve attended a bunch of these. It really depends on the stop. If it’s your typical 8-12 beers on tap brewery than 45 minutes is perfect. I’ve been to a couple where one of the organizers gets to the brewery about 10-15 minutes before the bus to start things moving. It’s more than enough time if done right. If it’s a place like Rapp that has like 25-30 beers on tap, then you’ll need more time obviously. Remember, most people share pours at these things and the people that usually go to these events have a ticker’s mentality. Shocking, I know. Once people tick everything there’s usually a lot of waiting around. I’ve never been to a stop and haven’t been able to try every beer. Even quick 30-45 minute stops. There’s more time than you think.

Both proposals look good. I’d only be able to make one of the two, so I voted for the one I could make. Cheers!

b3shine
beers 12183 º places 372 º 09:47 Sun 4/9/2017

Just voted. Both proposals look great! Pulling for Southwest Michigan, as it’s probably the only one I can make (and it was proposed last year as well), but both look like they’d be a blast. Thanks to everyone who worked on them!

hayduke
beers 6098 º places 23 º 11:51 Sun 4/9/2017

Pulling for Boise but like both proposals. I loved the bus tour in Pittsburgh and this one looks just as good.

MacBoost
beers 2074 º places 37 º 12:19 Sun 4/9/2017

No thanks. Will be attending the invite only Iowa City gathering.

cards04
beers 3164 º places 173 º 21:44 Sun 4/9/2017

Are the hotels that are blocked off for us in SW Michigan in Niles?

Clownoisseur
beers 531 º places 1 º 06:47 Mon 4/10/2017

Originally posted by cards04
Are the hotels that are blocked off for us in SW Michigan in Niles?

No.

The hotel is in Stevensville, MI. A bit more centrally located to the breweries.

Clownoisseur
beers 531 º places 1 º 07:06 Mon 4/10/2017

It is about 25 minutes between my farm and the hotel in Stevensville. If you are thinking about closer lodging after the Thursday meet-and-greet (and you don’t want to camp out) ......there are options on airbnb in my area: https://www.airbnb.com/s/Buchanan--MI?allow_override%5B%5D=&s_tag=dXDJXMbZ

I did not get the hotels in Niles this year because there was less time on the farm and more time out at breweries, so I wanted to cut down on the bus rides to and from our stops.

Feel free to shoot me a message if you have any other questions concerning travel or lodging. I will be happy to help anybody figure out logistics!