Ratebeer summer gathering kickoff thread

Reads 8727 • Replies 108 • Started Tuesday, August 14, 2012 6:18:28 PM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen
 
phaleslu
beers 10907 º places 593 º 09:45 Mon 8/20/2012

So we know Minneapolis is putting a bid together. Anyone else throwing their hat in the ring for sure?

 
northernbrews
beers 50 º places 15 º 10:12 Mon 8/20/2012

Originally posted by mikem409
damn missed that :( there are a lot of new places now then there were in 2010 fwiw


You missed a good one :) I was thinking of putting in another bid in a few years for Ann Arbor

 
3fourths
beers 9367 º places 1571 º 12:19 Mon 8/20/2012

Originally posted by phaleslu
So we know Minneapolis is putting a bid together. Anyone else throwing their hat in the ring for sure?


boulder most likely. just need to know the submission deadline.

 
notalush
beers 5955 º places 410 º 12:27 Mon 8/20/2012

Originally posted by beastiefan2k
Also, Denver/Boulder would be sweet.


You only like that idea because you know I’d let you crash at my place.

 
TheAlum
beers 7164 º places 10 º 12:29 Mon 8/20/2012

Do we usually make a December deadline for proposals?

Then do voting into later Dec?

Or am I completely off on that timeline.

It seems close to what I remember..

Oakes??

 
Tooch4321
beers 29 º 12:51 Mon 8/20/2012

Chicago! I’ll help you guys out, Adam...

 
beastiefan2k
beers 4191 º places 261 º 12:54 Mon 8/20/2012

Originally posted by tennisjoel
Originally posted by beastiefan2k
wan’t there a recent MN RBSG?

It depends on what you consider recent. 2007 was the last one in MN.

Man, time flies.

 
beastiefan2k
beers 4191 º places 261 º 12:55 Mon 8/20/2012

Originally posted by notalush
Originally posted by beastiefan2k
Also, Denver/Boulder would be sweet.

You only like that idea because you know I’d let you crash at my place.

that is 100% correct. I only go to RBSG when I have a place to crash.

 
Drake
beers 14332 º places 849 º 15:07 Mon 8/20/2012

Originally posted by northernbrews
Originally posted by mikem409
damn missed that :( there are a lot of new places now then there were in 2010 fwiw


You missed a good one :) I was thinking of putting in another bid in a few years for Ann Arbor


I could get behind Detroit or Ann Arbor. Both are close enough to each other for bus trips and there’s a ton of good beer. Last time I checked airfare was dirt cheap too.

I’ve noticed a lot of new breweries in GR. Planning there was a bitch though, if I remember correctly. I’m sure northernbrews still has nightmares about that.

 
TheAlum
beers 7164 º places 10 º 15:12 Mon 8/20/2012

Originally posted by Tooch4321
Chicago! I’ll help you guys out, Adam...


Doesn’t look like this year is it for us. Double Oct weddings for the two guys who would likely spearhead.