RateBeer Winter Gathering 2017: Request for Proposals

Reads 8939 • Replies 94 • Started Wednesday, September 6, 2017 12:50:07 PM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

cubs
beers 10772 º places 420 º 00:09 Tue 9/12/2017

Originally posted by Drake
Originally posted by Travlr
^^^ DC in the winter is bad news. Winter gatherings should be somewhere with warm or at least tolerable winter weather

So where's your proposal?

D.C. in the winter? Are you fucken crazy? I know you want proposals near you, but this makes no fucken sense. Why don't you suggest Green Bay while you're @ it.

pushkinwow
beers 3598 º places 174 º 08:20 Tue 9/12/2017

Originally posted by DuffMan
Nunavut.
Not a single brewery, but the seal hunt is second to none!

Never gone "clubbing" with RB folks :)

Travlr
beers 30304 º places 3520 º 09:15 Tue 9/12/2017

Originally posted by pushkinwow
Originally posted by GodOfThunder
I still think we need a winter gathering in Anchorage for the barleywine festival.

That would be incredible

+1

one of the few "cold weather" winter locations I could get behind. That said, last time BeerandBlues2 and I went to the fest it was 40+ F (5 C) in Anchorage, so we got out of the city to surrounding breweries pretty easily. even the 7.4 earthquake at 3 AM didn't deter us, one of the brewers was in a club at the time and said that suddenly his dance moves got way better

j12601
beers 14609 º places 583 º 14:52 Tue 9/12/2017

Originally posted by MacBoost
Rochester, NY will have a proposal

Likely gets my vote at about four hours away.

willisread
beers 6519 º places 126 º 20:54 Tue 9/12/2017

Would anyone be up for Nashville? I just moved here and seem to be one of a very small number (maybe one other relatively active) Ratebeerians. I'm not sure what goes into a putting a proposal together, but I'd be up for something if anyone were interested. Or if not this year, maybe a proposal for 2018.

Cheers,
Will

Drake
beers 17668 º places 1046 º 22:47 Tue 9/12/2017

Originally posted by cubs
^^^ DC in the winter is bad news. Winter gatherings should be somewhere with warm or at least tolerable winter weather

D.C. in the winter? Are you fucken crazy? I know you want proposals near you, but this makes no fucken sense. Why don't you suggest Green Bay while you're @ it.

Hmm, this kinda snark is giving me second thoughts about supporting a certain proposal from a neighboring state to the SW.

TheHOFF43
beers 2045 º places 169 º 23:20 Tue 9/12/2017

Originally posted by willisread
Would anyone be up for Nashville? I just moved here and seem to be one of a very small number (maybe one other relatively active) Ratebeerians. I'm not sure what goes into a putting a proposal together, but I'd be up for something if anyone were interested. Or if not this year, maybe a proposal for 2018.

Cheers,
Will

Nashville would be sweet. Is the beer scene decent?

beastiefan2k
beers 4705 º places 276 º 07:50 Wed 9/13/2017

Originally posted by pushkinwow
Originally posted by GodOfThunder
I still think we need a winter gathering in Anchorage for the barleywine festival.

That would be incredible

+1

one of the few "cold weather" winter locations I could get behind. That said, last time BeerandBlues2 and I went to the fest it was 40+ F (5 C) in Anchorage, so we got out of the city to surrounding breweries pretty easily. even the 7.4 earthquake at 3 AM didn't deter us, one of the brewers was in a club at the time and said that suddenly his dance moves got way better

Once of these days, I am actually going to go.

cubs
beers 10772 º places 420 º 08:08 Wed 9/13/2017

Hmm, this kinda snark is giving me second thoughts about supporting a certain proposal from a neighboring state to the SW.

I'm most interested in Richmond, VA, so you can punish me by not supporting them

Drake
beers 17668 º places 1046 º 19:48 Wed 9/13/2017

I'm most interested in Richmond, VA, so you can punish me by not supporting them

I'd support RVA as well, but as I mentioned earlier, there is likely to be no proposal coming from there for a long, long time.

Unless you're thinking about re-locating.