Ratings completely disappeared

Reads 332 • Replies 2 • Started Tuesday, January 17, 2017 11:18:24 PM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

BreweryDoctor24
23:18 Tue 1/17/2017

So I only use my app to rate what I drink and keep track of what I like and don’t like. I had a ton of offline ratings but I never uploaded them. My phone broke so when I just got my new one and re-downloaded the app, none of my ratings are there at all. They are not visible on the website either. Is it because I never uploaded any that they disappear when the app is reinstalled?? Very confused here and if there’s a way someone knows to get them to show up, I’d greatly appreciate the help!

gephross100
beers 943 º places 4 º 00:28 Wed 1/18/2017

is this the ratebeer app on android ( https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ratebeer.android)? it isn’t officially made by this site. when you re-downloaded the app the ratings weren’t there because they were offline ratings (not synced to your account/the site). if your old phone is still functioning enough to turn on and look at the files in a computer or if you had it on an SD card you should be able to retrieve them there.

The_Osprey
beers 10591 º places 178 º 09:09 Wed 1/18/2017

I imagine offline ratings are stored on the phone memory. Do you still have the broken phone?