RB Summer Tasting

Reads 5160 • Replies 95 • Started Wednesday, June 15, 2016 9:04:51 AM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

User52877
places 3 º 14:24 Fri 6/17/2016

Originally posted by Art
Actually, can we do the 27th or 28th?

I don’t think that will be an issue?

Art
beers 3223 º places 131 º 18:05 Fri 6/17/2016

Originally posted by HornyDevil
Originally posted by Art

Only if you fuckers bring me extra birthday beers.

Done

User52877
places 3 º 10:51 Thu 6/30/2016

http://www.ratebeer.com/event/48735/ Let me know if there are any questions or modifications needed.

User52877
places 3 º 11:07 Thu 6/30/2016

Originally posted by Art

Only if you fuckers bring me extra birthday beers.

I have 20 cases of Trader Joe’s vintage ales from 2011-2015 you can take your pick. There is also some Dansk Mjods like Viking Blod and Klapojster, but you have to drink them here.

User52877
places 3 º 11:13 Thu 6/30/2016

Dan, I thought I posted to you somewhere a note about the mead I wanted you to taste that had band-aid notes. I was drinking it at the end of the night for a night cap and cant remember where or if I actually posted it. but any way...... It seems that time does in-fact heal all wounds. The band-aid notes are all gone and the honey is to die for! I think you might like this straight mead. I was for a long time drinking it as my punishment for brewing at a to high a temp, so there was not much left, just about 750ml, enough to sample and get an idea. I started another batch yesterday.

User52877
places 3 º 23:00 Sat 7/23/2016

Are there any cheeses you guys would like to have? I have a month to get them here, thoughts? I have a line on some nice prosciutto, Salame Secchi, and possibly some Bresaola Bernina.

cheap
beers 8795 º places 326 º 07:09 Sun 7/24/2016

Originally posted by estover
Are there any cheeses you guys would like to have? I have a month to get them here, thoughts? I have a line on some nice prosciutto, Salame Secchi, and possibly some Bresaola Bernina.

Frummundah

User52877
places 3 º 07:32 Sun 7/24/2016

Originally posted by cheap

Frummundah

There will be no frummundah cheese or any bologna. Sorry.

HornyDevil
10:56 Sun 7/24/2016

Sounds fantastic! You guys did a very memorable job last time, so I’ll trust your judgment this go-round.

Hope you have room for the 4 gallons of quad that I’ll be bringing along.

User52877
places 3 º 19:48 Sun 7/24/2016

Sounds fantastic! You guys did a very memorable job last time, so I’ll trust your judgment this go-round.

Hope you have room for the 4 gallons of quad that I’ll be bringing along.

I will have a fresh 7 gallon fermenter waiting! Will it be fermented? I am having a hard time finding pure black locust, any preferences? I have a few gallons of buckwheat and knotweed here on the shelf, and ebee has a locust with apple and cherry From their site:

This also contains apple blossom and cherry blossom in it. Part of the time this year the Apple trees and Cherry trees were blooming simultaneously when the Locust trees were blooming. Pleasant tasting honey with primary tastes of apple blossom and cherry blossom with a hint of locust. Should stay liquid longer due to the Locust in it. This honey is medium in color due to the apple blossom and cherry blossom in it.