RBBSG II - Belgian Summer Gathering 2013

Reads 8506 • Replies 129 • Started Monday, June 3, 2013 7:38:00 AM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

tderoeck
beers 14777 º places 247 º 05:39 Thu 8/8/2013

silly question, yes I have wifi. Though my router seems to dislike serving phones with wifi. Don’t know why. But laptop will definitely work better.

I’m now adding Erwin’s beers to the Google doc. I’ll copy paste lazy Mr Benzai’s list in there too :p

tderoeck
beers 14777 º places 247 º 05:52 Thu 8/8/2013

Originally posted by Benzai

Respond if you like or dislike them, I’m curious, but I’ll bring them anyway unless most of you have had them.

- Emelisse Mikkie = Stout
- De Veluwse Heidebrouwerij Veluws Heidebier
- De Veluwse Heidebrouwerij Edenoartje
- Oersoep MacGlennie
- Foothills Sexual Chocolate Imperial Stout (4.00 weighted av)

Veluwse Heidebrouwerij sucks monkeyballs... This not so subtle opinion is based on two of the beers I’ve had the "pleasure" of tasting before, one of which you brought last time (the Herfstbock was disgusting). Edenoartje was also pretty bad. So if you have the change of swapping them with something else, please do so. Maybe you can drive by Geers or Hopduvel before you come down to the meeting? :p

tderoeck
beers 14777 º places 247 º 05:54 Thu 8/8/2013

but to end with a positive note, the others look great!

tderoeck
beers 14777 º places 247 º 06:18 Thu 8/8/2013

I’ve also added more beers to my trade list, as I had forgotten about two boxes. They’ve been added now. Feel free to trade / buy at cost if interested.

sebletitje
beers 11868 º places 491 º 06:32 Thu 8/8/2013

Is this a gathering or Tim’s beer yard sale? ;-)

Benzai
beers 20020 º places 321 º 06:35 Thu 8/8/2013

Originally posted by tderoeck

Respond if you like or dislike them, I’m curious, but I’ll bring them anyway unless most of you have had them.

- Oersoep MacGlennie

Veluwse Heidebrouwerij sucks monkeyballs...

I know, but they’re hard to find, so I brought them as a tick (for most people I’d reckon, but apparently you already tried them somehow). Guidelines in the past were 4 x 75cl (preferably good) beer, but I figured that wasn’t always the case and you can’t have 60 good beers on one day cause it would just be a pity. So the idea was to bring those two as ticks and the other three as ’the good ones’ :)

Maybe you can drive by Geers or Hopduvel before you come down to the meeting? :p

I will do that anyway, so if we run out of beer I’ll have something as back up ;)

77ships
beers 14200 º places 917 º 13:46 Thu 8/8/2013

- Oersoep MacGlennie

Veluwse Heidebrouwerij sucks monkeyballs...

I know, but they’re hard to find, so I brought them as a tick (for most people I’d reckon, but apparently you already tried them somehow). Guidelines in the past were 4 x 75cl (preferably good) beer, but I figured that wasn’t always the case and you can’t have 60 good beers on one day cause it would just be a pity. So the idea was to bring those two as ticks and the other three as ’the good ones’ :)

Maybe you can drive by Geers or Hopduvel before you come down to the meeting? :p

I will do that anyway, so if we run out of beer I’ll have something as back up ;)

I still have a bottle of yours that you asked me to keep after the previous tasting ended. I have to check but I believe that it was this one: http://www.ratebeer.com/beer/birra-del-borgo-duc-ale/58521/
You want me to bring that one along?

tderoeck
beers 14777 º places 247 º 15:32 Thu 8/8/2013

Originally posted by sebletitje
Is this a gathering or Tim’s beer yard sale? ;-)

shut up! :p I had to index my beer anyway after moving to the new place. Furthermore I had to remove all my beers from Erwin’s cellar as he is also moving to another house, so it is now for a short period all at my house before storing it in my parents’ cellar. Perfect opportunity for anyone who wants to buy/trade any of these beers, right?

tderoeck
beers 14777 º places 247 º 15:34 Thu 8/8/2013

Well, if you keep opening bottles at your usual tempo, we’ll all have a very hard time following. :p

cheers!
Tim

tderoeck
beers 14777 º places 247 º 15:38 Thu 8/8/2013

Originally posted by 77ships
I still have a bottle of yours that you asked me to keep after the previous tasting ended. I have to check but I believe that it was this one: http://www.ratebeer.com/beer/birra-del-borgo-duc-ale/58521/
You want me to bring that one along?

It’s a better beer than Veluwe, that’s for sure. ;-) But apparently 3 of you guys already had it. What to do? New crappy tick for all, or decent tick for 5? ;-)