RBESG 2013

Reads 9269 • Replies 81 • Started Saturday, January 5, 2013 2:05:00 AM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

Cuso
beers 15721 º places 335 º 05:32 Mon 1/14/2013

Originally posted by Martinus
Originally posted by joes
I’m thinking about entering a proposal. Belgium and Netherlands. Border area. Not sure yet though, because I’m still considering how much time I actually have for this, and because Netherlands/Belgium will for sure be more expensive than the last rbesg.

Brings up the 1st question: would there be some interest in such a visit?
If yes, I’ll work out a proposal.

I think there are enough rateberians in the Low Countries to get this organised. You can count on me for a start.

Thanks! If there are others in NL/B who want to help out feel free to bm me, many hands make light work ;)

Will try to have a proposal ready by Friday, is that early enough?

Yes, ít is :)

Martinus
beers 5018 º places 224 º 08:56 Mon 1/14/2013

Originally posted by Theydon_Bois
Yes - presuming I’m free on the said weekend I’ll deal myself in also for BE/NL.

Is there a usual month for the RBESG?

I only know last year it was in July.

Beermack
beers 725 º places 36 º 10:37 Mon 1/14/2013

Never been to one before folks, but I'm happy to throw my name into the hat to help get a Dublin gathering sorted if the demand is there! That said, I'd certainly fancy a night or two away in Belgium or the Netherlands if it's happening there!

---Posted via Beer Buddy for iPhone

Beermack
beers 725 º places 36 º 10:40 Mon 1/14/2013

Just read past Gazza's post and realised that Dublin ain't high on the list (fair enough I'd say!) Any excuse for me to hit up Belgium is great though!

---Posted via Beer Buddy for iPhone

77ships
beers 14200 º places 913 º 10:43 Mon 1/14/2013

Originally posted by joes
I’m thinking about entering a proposal. Belgium and Netherlands. Border area. Not sure yet though, because I’m still considering how much time I actually have for this, and because Netherlands/Belgium will for sure be more expensive than the last rbesg.

Brings up the 1st question: would there be some interest in such a visit?
If yes, I’ll work out a proposal.

I think there are enough rateberians in the Low Countries to get this organised. You can count on me for a start.

Thanks! If there are others in NL/B who want to help out feel free to bm me, many hands make light work ;)

Will try to have a proposal ready by Friday, is that early enough?

Not sure about what this entails (never been to one) but appears some kind of brewery/tour/bar/tasting mix-up organized type of stuff. Partially willing to help on a BE/NL thing, not 100 % sure since I am not entirely certain what it is that we are talking about.

Cuso
beers 15721 º places 335 º 12:15 Mon 1/14/2013

You can see here http://www.ratebeer.com/event/17175/rbesg-2012/ how it was organized last year (Vienna, Bratislava). It’s all about beer (how surprising ), One afternoon - evening was dedicated to Grand tasting other 2,5 days we visited brewpubs in both cities.

erickok
beers 6033 º places 274 º 00:52 Tue 1/15/2013

Last year was great fun so I really hope I can make it again this year!

Cuso
beers 15721 º places 335 º 15:30 Sat 1/19/2013

Have we any progress here? As I remember, there was BE/NL and very shy Dublin nomination . No more suggestions from people willing organize RBESG?

garthicus
beers 3025 º places 65 º 16:05 Sat 1/19/2013

Count me in for attending! I live in Dublin & happy to travel anywhere else within Europe.

KyotoLefty
beers 15089 º places 1059 º 20:11 Sat 1/19/2013

I’ll be in Leuven for most of August and September, so if it’s then, count me in!