RBESG 2015

Reads 7712 • Replies 74 • Started Sunday, March 22, 2015 11:33:31 AM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

Scopey
beers 24178 º places 727 º 03:33 Wed 3/25/2015

I like the sound of Estonia.

Marduk
beers 21940 º places 968 º 03:47 Wed 3/25/2015

Originally posted by Scopey
I like the sound of Estonia.

As FatPhil mentioned in #2 post .ee alone may not be ready yet. But joint event with Finland (Helsinki-Tallinn) is an idea worth thinking.

VsXsV
beers 5000 º places 92 º 03:55 Wed 3/25/2015

I’d be up for either if I can afford it, but Croatia sounds especially interesting. Where in Croatia would be the plan, Marko?

Theydon_Bois
admin
beers 40489 º places 1239 º 04:09 Wed 3/25/2015

Originally posted by VsXsV
I’d be up for either if I can afford it, but Croatia sounds especially interesting. Where in Croatia would be the plan, Marko?

On a nekid bobe beach hopefully !

Marko
admin
beers 17703 º places 866 º 05:15 Wed 3/25/2015

It would have to be Zagreb for beer, and I doubt there will be bobes provided on the ponds/lakes desperate people swim in here, but no other place in Croatia is nearly ready, but with a trip to some place with sea provided - say, bobe camp Valalta, or Split if the supposedly soon to open brewpub(s?) start brewing in time) after the actual event for those willing to do the three to five hour trips.

Actually, if Estonia makes a good proposal, it’s probably better that they take over. Things MIGHT (will really) change in the next 3-4 months, but the craft scene definitely seems more well off there. Things are improving quite fast here, but it might take another year till things get really ready, and great with Slovenia’s progress too. :)

I’d actually be more interested (though it’s stupid to talk about my interest since my finances likely won’t recover enough till then to support a trip), though I LOVE Helsinki and the Finnish scene, if it was a Baltic countries joint event, but it’s a 4 hour drive to Riga, let alone some place in Lithuania, so that would be a major pain logistically for limited time. Would make for some very interesting drives though, bus tastings and such.

Leighton
beers 33712 º places 1204 º 06:00 Wed 3/25/2015

Just to reiterate a point I’ve made before, but I have wanted to do a beer trip to Lithuania for a few years now. Sounds like there is an exceptional traditional scene there, and if there was a local organiser a gathering could be great fun.

Is there anyone who could organise in Lithuania?

Leighton
beers 33712 º places 1204 º 07:26 Mon 3/30/2015

Somebody yesterday mentioned to me that some folks in Copenhagen were thinking of putting together a proposal. Can anyone confirm this?

Martinus
beers 5018 º places 224 º 15:39 Mon 3/30/2015

Hmm.. Copenhagen. Do they know anything about beer there?

GlasgowTAD
beers 2015 º places 38 º 15:46 Mon 3/30/2015

Originally posted by Martinus
Hmm.. Copenhagen. Do they know anything about beer there?

They have some brewery called Beer Here - could that be a sign?

GlasgowTAD
beers 2015 º places 38 º 15:48 Mon 3/30/2015

Originally posted by Leighton
Just to reiterate a point I’ve made before, but I have wanted to do a beer trip to Lithuania for a few years now. Sounds like there is an exceptional traditional scene there, and if there was a local organiser a gathering could be great fun.

Is there anyone who could organise in Lithuania?

I believe there’s a user here who wrote an ebook on Lithuanian beer culture, perhaps he would be available for consultation? Larsga I think his username is.