RBESG 2016 - Barcelona

Reads 15210 • Replies 132 • Started Friday, April 29, 2016 6:59:16 AM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

Originally posted by BRW
Originally posted by BlackHaddock
Booked into Hostal Oliverta, single room with facilities, decent new reviews and cheap. Looks like a good location too.

<*))))))><

Yes, it’s a good location. Lively zone with lots of theaters and some discos. Close to the tasting location.

Cheers, I am already in the theatre of life and I have not been to a disco for years. I hope to be in bed each night by 11:00 when my five day Tourist Transport Pass runs out.

<*))))))><

BRW
beers 3178 º places 117 º 02:14 Fri 5/6/2016

In case any of you want to know, these are the metro operating ours:
Monday to Thursday: 5.00 am until midnight.
Fridays and eves of public holidays: 5.00 a 2.00 am.
Saturdays: from 5.00 am and runs all night.
Sundays: until midnight.

BRW
beers 3178 º places 117 º 05:11 Fri 5/6/2016

Is people coming to the RBESG interested in any particular beer/brewery? There are some festivals coming and it will be a good place to get beer that are not as widely distributed as the ones I can usually get at shops.

I am completely happy with your original plan but any changes for the better is also good with me.

We just need all the people who voted for Barcelona to get them selves sorted. For the record I voted for Bratislava but was always going to which ever city won.

<*))))))><

Leighton
beers 33712 º places 1204 º 11:56 Fri 5/6/2016

Originally posted by BRW
Is people coming to the RBESG interested in any particular beer/brewery? There are some festivals coming and it will be a good place to get beer that are not as widely distributed as the ones I can usually get at shops.

I would say, you should just aim to get as much ’rare’/’obscure’/’hard-to-find’ Spanish beer as possible!

BRW
beers 3178 º places 117 º 13:40 Fri 5/6/2016

I am completely happy with your original plan but any changes for the better is also good with me.

We just need all the people who voted for Barcelona to get them selves sorted. For the record I voted for Bratislava but was always going to which ever city won.

<*))))))><

I think you misunderstood my message. There won’t be any festival durin the RBESG, but there will be 2-3 important festivals before you RBESG, and I will try to get hard to find beers there. (well, sunday event maystart earlier and we will go to abirradero, the place i planned to go after the tasting, if everybody is OK with that).

Originally posted by Leighton
Originally posted by BRW

I would say, you should just aim to get as much ’rare’/’obscure’/’hard-to-find’ Spanish beer as possible!

That’s what I’ll try. Unfortunately, I can’t buy as much beer as I want, so I was asking just in case anyone is really interested in tasting any special beer, if not I will just get the rarest I can find.

I am in California at the moment and hope to bring some interesting and rare beers for the Grand Tasting, plus some Welsh and Shropshire brews for everyone to try.

I am sure whatever beers are brought to the Grand Tasting will be ’Grand’, please do not try and spend time and money on anything too special. Good local stuff will be fine.

<*))))))><

BRW
beers 3178 º places 117 º 15:56 Mon 5/9/2016

As I said some days ago, I’ve added to the plan the possibility to start earlier on sunday and visit Abirradero. 40 taps, I think their beers are not distributed out of Spain, which means 40 new tick for most of you.

BlackHaddock
beers 15444 º places 1051 º 13:15 Tue 5/10/2016

Originally posted by BRW
As I said some days ago, I’ve added to the plan the possibility to start earlier on sunday and visit Abirradero. 40 taps, I think their beers are not distributed out of Spain, which means 40 new tick for most of you.

Sounds good, you can leave me there and then send round a fork lift truck to pick me up later.

Are you going to add a spreadsheet for which beers people are bringing for the Grand Tasting once we get a few more names on the attendance list?

<*))))))><

BRW
beers 3178 º places 117 º 15:49 Wed 5/11/2016

Originally posted by BRW

Sounds good, you can leave me there and then send round a fork lift truck to pick me up later.

Are you going to add a spreadsheet for which beers people are bringing for the Grand Tasting once we get a few more names on the attendance list?

<*))))))><

I will, but right now you may be the only one who knows what will bring to the tasting. If you want it, I’ll add it tomorrow.